Security Analyst at CirrusMD Inc.
CirrusMD is a text-first enterprise solution that connects people with no-barriers access to a live doctor, real-time, who can always help. CirrusMD was founded in 2012 and is headquartered in Denver, CO. We are partnered with major national payers, employers and healthcare systems to deliver extraordinary virtual care to millions of lives across the nation. If you are looking to make a lasting impact where your voice matters, consider joining our team.
Who We’re Looking For:
We are looking for an experienced Security Analyst to contribute to our mission of redefining the healthcare experience for patients and providers. This is a high impact role that requires a high degree of technical cyber security experience. This person will be responsible for all security-related tasks, including day-to-day administration of different information security tools and devices and configuration and fine-tuning of tools to improve effectiveness in security event monitoring. This person will also perform regular security analyses and update security-related policies and procedures as necessary. Candidates should enjoy tough technical challenges, high responsibility, and building new things.
This position can sit remote anywhere in the U.S., with the flexibility to work from our Denver HQ as you’d like. Please note that no matter where you are located, all employees should be available during our core working hours from 9 am to 4 pm MDT Monday through Friday. The salary range for this role is 90,000-110,000/year (Tier 1 with advanced certifications) / 110,000-130,000/year (Tier 2). Actual pay may vary based on job-related skills, qualifications, certifications, and experience. This role may also be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to equity incentives and a comprehensive benefits package.
What You’ll Accomplish:
- Ensure the implementation and ongoing support for all security measures necessary to comply with HIPAA and HITRUST, customer requirements and all applicable state and federal regulations.
- Respond to and resolve or escalate reported security incidents.
- Monitor system logs, SIEM tools, and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity.
- Ensure appropriate security access and protection against unauthorized access, modification, or destruction.
- Implement or coordinate remediation required by audits and document exceptions as necessary.
- Assist and train team members in the use of security tools, the preparation of security reports, and the resolution of security issues.
- Experience in maintaining security procedures.
- Knowledge of network infrastructure and security, including routers, switches, firewalls, and associated network protocols and concepts.
- Knowledge of security auditing techniques.
- Knowledge of computer control environments.
- Strong knowledge of technology and security topics including network security, wireless security, application security, infrastructure hardening and security baselines, web server and database security.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate concerns, issues and research to other teams.
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other Engineering or Technical discipline or equivalent relevant experience.
- 3-5+ years of experience in the information security field, specifically in healthcare.
- Certifications such as ISACA, ISC2, CompTIA, GIAC, Offensive Security, etc.
- Experience with a broad range of security technologies, including NextGen Firewalls, DLP, NAC, IDS/ IPS, IdAM, Certificate Management, SIEM, Endpoint Protection, Anti-malware, vulnerability management.
- AWS experience
- Incident handling and investigation experience
- A reputation for superb communication skills with other engineers and teammates
- You have a reputation for a high level of craftsmanship about your work
Who We Are:
Based in Denver, CirrusMD is the nation's leading virtual care platform that delivers a chat first, multi-modal, data driven experience to enable providers, payers and employers the ability to offer high touch, personalized healthcare to their members or employees. Founded in 2012, CirrusMD helps our customers create happier, healthier, and more engaged patients by giving them access to on-demand virtual care solutions that they love to engage with. Our chat-powered care delivery platform connects patients to a dedicated, board-certified physician in under 60 seconds from any web-enabled device, with no cost and no time limits attached. CirrusMD enables a stress-free, human care conversation that doesn’t end until members get the answers (and peace of mind) they need to manage their wellness.
Why Work at CirrusMD?
CirrusMD is quickly transitioning from a startup to a highly recognized healthcare industry disruptor. If you are looking to make a lasting impact where your voice matters, consider joining our team and help us deliver care without barriers. We offer an exceptional benefits package including health, dental and vision, 401k with match, flexible vacation and remote work policies, competitive salaries, stock options and more.
CirrusMD is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We aim to create a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our employees, users, and customers. We strive to deliver products and services that work for everyone by including perspectives from backgrounds that vary by race, ethnicity, social background, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, and national origin. We are particularly focused on ensuring women and BIPOC are equally represented across all positions, including management. Our focus is on advancing, cultivating, preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion as it directly aligns with our mission to provide access to affordable and personalized health care for everyone.
Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit résumés to any person or email address at CirrusMD prior to having a signed agreement with Human Resources. CirrusMD is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Also, any résumés sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to CirrusMD and may be forwarded to our Talent Acquisition team.