Scientist I (ADX-31-21) at ArcherDX
In October 2020, Invitae Corporation (NYSE: NVTA) combined with ArcherDX, a genomic analysis company specializing in cancer diagnostics and monitoring, to create a leading comprehensive medical and cancer genetics company. As a combined company, Invitae, is bringing world-class genetic testing and diagnostics into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our goal is to aggregate the world’s genetic tests into a single service with higher quality and accuracy, faster turnaround time and actionable results. Learn more at invitae.com and archerdx.com.
- Collaborate with scientists, clinical personnel, software developers, and data managers to develop a deep understanding of Archer’s platform and key product development questions
- Contribute scientific expertise, and formulate broad and focused product development questions associated with cancer genomics, automated workflows, and data management
- Assist automation and process engineers in developing protocols for routine operation of automated liquid handling equipment.
- Interpret and communicate findings to biologists, engineers, and others via reports and presentations
- Build rapport with end-users, and coordinate with cross-functional teams
- Recognize process improvement needs and collaborate with other personnel to address them
- Support digital transformation roadmap activities for other departments and functional groups as needed
- 0-2 years professional experience in a biotech company or exceptional academic performance
- Expertise in genomics, NGS datasets, and biochemistry/molecular biology
- Competent in relevant computational techniques (Python, bash, bioinformatic tools, etc.)
- The ability to effectively communicate complex scientific, mathematical, and(or) engineering ideas
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail
- Highly motivated and ability to work independently
- Experience in the medical device, biotech, or pharmaceutical industries
- Experience with oncology research, diagnostics, and assays
- Experience implementing and supporting Hamilton, Tecan, or similar liquid handling units
- Drive and determination
- Strong technical aptitude
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively to enhance the success of the projects and maintain strong relationships within all parts of the company.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Driven to perform
- Self-directed: needs little explicit direction
- Able to organize, prioritize, and delegate tasks to efficiently move projects forward.
- Ph.D. degree in a relevant scientific or engineering field