Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Scheduling Planner – Transportation Solutions Courier
What You'll Do:
- Deliver a wide variety of materials to different Ball Campuses through different routes.
- Follow a time schedule at delivery/pick up locations.
- Load, unload, prepare, inspect and operate a delivery vehicle.
- Complete logs and reports using Transportation Tracking System.
- Follow DOT regulations and safety standards.
- Support Transportation Dispatcher in scheduling and executing assigned moves.
- May support both standard and Critical Move Services within the transportation organization.
- May support general administration tasks.
- Complete daily transport logs and vehicle check lists.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 4 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Strong Customer Service skills required.
- Excellent driving record required verified through Ball Aerospace’s 3rd party contractor.
- Effective utilization of Microsoft Office products, and proficient with material/hardware tracking systems.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Hardware handling/safety is required.
- Able to drive in a variety of weather and traffic conditions safely.
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 and AS9100 environment is a plus.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $21.63 - $28.61 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.