Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
FIS is building a World Class Export Control and Trade Sanctions Compliance program. The FIS Export Control & Trade Sanctions Compliance team is part of the broader Compliance Program at FIS. The team plays a crucial role in various areas of sanctions compliance including, but not limited to, investigation and escalation of sanctions alerts, management of true sanctions matches, execution of alert quality control reviews, management of sanctions lists, production of management information and reporting, review of sanctions risk assessment methodology and results, tracking of internal and external sanctions issues and oversight of tuning, configuration and automation of sanctions technology.
FIS is building a World Class Export Control and Trade Sanctions Compliance program.
What you will be doing:
This position is responsible for providing analytical support to FIS' Global Corporate Compliance Group's Export Control & Trade Compliance program. This role will require the ability to evaluate and analyze trade sanctions / restricted party screening results. In addition, this role will perform certain administrative and planning duties as required by the Director, Export Control & Trade Sanctions and the Global Corporate Compliance team.
- Performs trade sanctions / restricted party screening of entities via the use of third-party screening tool. (Screening involves analyses of prospective and current clients to ensure entities are not sanctioned parties.)
- Monitors compliance activities to verify that regulatory compliance deadlines and requirements are met.
- Participates in development of compliance sessions / presentations.
- Participates in training promoting compliance awareness.
- Provide guidance and cross-training to others,
- Identifies areas of potential improvement.
- Prepares and distributes internal communications covering compliance matters and metrics.
What you bring:
- Comprehensive knowledge of at least one substantive area of compliance, such as trade sanctions, OFAC regulations, AML, BSA, or export controls.
- Associate Degree (Bachelor's degree preferred).
- 5+ years of experience in the regulatory compliance field.
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
- Detail-orientation with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and complete work within tight time limitations.
- Ability to follow and conduct a compliance monitoring program.
- Ability to provide information to a variety of audiences and deal effectively with confidential issues that are sensitive in nature.
- Ability to share information with awareness of its effect on others.
What we offer you:
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.