Salesforce Business Analyst at Hotel Engine (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Hotel Engine is the world’s largest Lodging Performance Network, established to create a richer, more rewarding business travel experience by connecting a global network of businesses and lodging partners. Our innovative travel-tech company is on an incredible growth trajectory and will continue to build on our strong foundations by bringing our customer obsession, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision we make.
In December of 2021, we closed our series B funding round with a $1.3 billion valuation, and that’s just the beginning. We expect 2022 to be our best year yet.
Working hard behind the scenes building and supporting our platform are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams to our fast-growing sales, supplier, and member support orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams.
We value our individuality, and we also understand that together, we thrive. Most importantly, we know we’re not for everyone! We’re focused on finding the right people who are energized by our culture, with diverse experiences and backgrounds that will help us unlock our full potential. Complacency doesn’t live here. We’ve built a team of world-class people who really want to work with other world-class people. Click here to view our DNA, and if you like what you see, please, read on!
Hotel Engine, a startup based in Denver, is a leader in travel tech with a demonstrated track record of growth and impact. Our foundations are strong, and we’ve navigated the COVID-19 crisis by bringing our customer obsession, innovative platform, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision. By partnering with tens of thousands of businesses and government agencies and hundreds of thousands of hotels around the world, we have built a resilient and adaptable business model and 2021 will be our best year yet. Working hard behind the scenes are exceptional people - from our large engineering and product teams, to our fast-growing sales, supplier and traveler experience orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams. As individuals and together, we show our DNA every day with our curiosity, will-to-win, ownership, and high standards.
We are looking for a Salesforce Business Analyst to join our Business and Sales Operations team. This is a key position on the team with the goal to help us improve business processes and efficiency in Salesforce. The Salesforce Business Analyst elicits, documents, and analyzes requirements around business challenges, and produces data-driven solutions. The analyst will own the process of identifying, scoping, and managing the pipeline of improvements to the platform, and maximizing sales effectiveness.
Here's what you'll do:
- Manage bulk data load and change requests from Sales Leaders
- Coordinate account and lead reassignments and record transfers
- Maintain data hygiene and handle bulk data transformations in Salesforce
- Support prospecting, lead generation and data team efforts in Salesforce
- Make required updates to reports and dashboards as-needed
- Work with stakeholders and end users to gather, understand, and define business requirements
- Develop user stories and to-be process flows to support the design and development of Salesforce solutions
- Work collaboratively with team members to design a solution that will meet business requirements and fulfill user stories
- Complete the configuration for user stories within Salesforce, AppExchange products, or other cloud-based technologies
- Collaborate with developers to test and verify that solutions will meet the business requirements
- Participate in key meetings with stakeholders including requirement sessions, system demos, user acceptance testing, and end user training
- Lead the process for improving key aspects of Salesforce platform
- Sales and Marketing Applications, AppExchange & Managed Packages
- Automation, Data Management & Hygiene
- Collaboration, Forecasting, Reporting and Dashboards
- CRM and Account Processes; Platform & User Experience
- Support other Sales Operations functions in Salesforce as directed by management
Here's what we’re looking for:
- Salesforce Admin Certification
- Experience using Salesforce to develop client or business solutions
- Hands on experience configuring Salesforce or similar CRM Product, including workflows, validation rules, and security controls
- Proven ability leveraging analytical and problem-solving skills in a fast paced environment
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to quickly ramp up on new clients, their business needs, and technologies
- Strong presentation, communication (written and verbal) skills, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks within a collaborative team environment
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Drive and desire to learn and grow both technical and functional skill sets
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio
- Experience with Dataloader, Workbench, or other Bulk Data tools
- Experience leveraging and configuring AppExchange products to develop a solution
- Experience soliciting, gathering, and analyzing user input and requirements
- Experience documenting user stories and creating to-be process flow diagrams
- Experience collaborating with business stakeholders
- Experience on a Salesforce implementation through the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Salesforce Admin Certification and one Consulting Cloud Certification (Sales, Service or Community)
- The total cash base compensation for this role is $60,000 - $90,000/year. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including leveling, prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
- This role is eligible for remote work. Hotel Engine is authorized to do business in AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TN, TX, UT & WA. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Hotel Engine is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine has been recognized on Built-in Colorado’s Best Places to Work list 3 years in a row (2020-2022) for our positive culture and robust growth opportunities.
As a company, we’re also dedicated to giving back to our greater community, and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries
- Annual performance bonuses
- Stock options for all associates + performance-based stock options
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees) + 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with a match program
- Unlimited PTO + 2 paid days each year to volunteer with your favorite non-profit
- Paid parental leave and family medical leave
- Hotel discounts through our exclusive platform
- The ability to make a real impact in an incredibly fast-growing organization; you’ll never be just another cog in the wheel.