Sales Strategy & Operations Analyst
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is seeking a highly motivated Sales Strategy and Operations Manager to focus specifically on the VictorOps product and sales team metrics. You will play a meaningful role in the operations of our sales team. Your primary responsibilities include reporting and analyzing important metrics of sales performance, using these findings to advise the Sales Leadership Team, uncovering information that will help set the strategic agenda for current and future revenue growth. In addition, you will be involved in key projects and deliverables of the Sales Operations team: yearly, quarterly, monthly business planning, forecasting, pipeline analysis, go-to-market strategy and execution, addressable market analysis, etc.
You are an analytical rock-star that can balance operations with strategy and planning and is not afraid to ask difficult questions and actively seek the answers for them. You have a hypothesis-driven approach to solving problems and one that will also be able to analyze large quantities of data, derive insightful recommendations and confidently present to our senior leadership team. Last but not least, a rolling up your sleeves attitude is very important – Splunk is a very lean and ambitious company – in our team, we balance the high level strategic view with actual deep-dive analysis.
- Build reporting dashboards and drive analysis to increase the performance visibility to the business owners
- Analyze the health of the business and interpret key performance metrics
- Derive recommendations and craft action plans to address weaknesses and areas of opportunity
- Present recommendations to senior management for strategic decision-making, operational change and investment
- Execute key recommendations in collaboration with other functions and /or partners
- Inspire change management and support the day-to-day business needs for the VictorOps Sales organization– execute cadence around forecasting and pipeline analysis, account management, etc.
- 5-8 years of experience in sales operations management or analytical role
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Works effectively in an unstructured environment requiring new perspectives and creative approaches, and with multiple competing deadlines. Can adapt quickly to changes and possesses strong work ethic
- Always focused on doing what’s right for the business. High energy and contagious enthusiasm. Willing to take on the tough projects and challenges to support growth of the business
- Ability to be highly productive with minimal oversight from senior management
- Strong stakeholder management skills, ability to create a trusting relationship with business partners, collaborative
- Able to speak in front of senior audiences as well as write clearly, concisely, and compellingly
- Willing to roll-up the sleeves to get things done, highly dedicated and able to follow through
- Intellectually curious
- High performance within Salesforce reporting
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!