Researcher at Guild Education
Guild is hiring a Researcher who will work closely with many of our internal teams (e.g., client success, product and design, marketing, data and decision science) deploying qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, strategizing ongoing data collection, and modernizing data throughout the company to tell an inclusive story of our students’ experience. We are looking for an experienced researcher who will play a pivotal role delivering timely and pragmatic research that allows Guild to grow and change as quickly as the communities and networks that we serve. You will love this role if you are excited to use your research, data, and narrative skills to understand Guild’s current and prospective students, ultimately enabling students to go to school affordably, all while moving at startup speed.As a Researcher, you will:
- Write meaningful interview/focus group questions, recruit participants, conduct interviews and focus groups, and uncover insights from qualitative data
- Design and analyze surveys
- Combine and analyze disparate datasets
- Design, run, and analyze longitudinal studies
- Conduct literature reviews from credible industry and academic sources
- Create reports and communicate results to broad and varied audiences
- Consult and collaborate with other teams on research design and analysis, including UX and market research methodologies
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:Required Proficiencies
- Proven 3 plus years of experience leading research projects in industry
- Keen design and data visualization skills – you know how to transform data to generate useful insights and be easily digestible
- Expertise in quantitative data analysis, including data cleaning, descriptive statistics, and inferential statistics
- Expertise in qualitative data collection and analysis
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively convey research findings to partners from a variety of backgrounds
- A desire to learn, grow, and evolve within a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience bringing passion, flexibility, and patience to the role in a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment
- Experience building insightful reporting using BI tools (esp. Looker)
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with UX research methodologies, such as A/B testing, card sorts, concept testing, un-moderated user testing
- Something else? Wonderful, we're curious to learn more about you!
Guild is growing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an expansive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven, including a base salary range of $100,000-$122,500 as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- We provide 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- We provide 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- We provide family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- We provide well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- We offer education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth