Research Strategist at GutCheck
At GutCheck, we pioneered agile market research to provide our clients with actionable answers and insights, globally, at the speed of their business. We believe in the power of consumer research, and we are dedicated to providing best-in-class solutions. By challenging the status quo to get to something better, we are continually evaluating new, innovative ways to take tried-and-true methods and make them more agile to best support our clients, helping them think smarter and act faster.
About the role
Due to growth of our research team, GutCheck is seeking a full-time Research Strategist (RS). The RS takes the lead on Qual & Quant projects and often works one-on-one with clients from start to finish. Typical projects can last anywhere between a few days and a few weeks, and span from product or ad testing to marketing audience activation. Many clients are in the CPG industry but we also work in tech, food service, retail, healthcare, and B2B. Project mix is approximately 50% Qual / 50% Quant, which may skew one way or the other depending upon client needs.
This is a fast-paced research role that utilizes an agile approach to traditional research methodologies.
This is an opportunity to learn and grow within a well established Research team with an innovative research company. If you want to be challenged, this may be the right role for you.
This position will report into a Research Manager based in Denver, Colorado.
What You’ll Do
- Tee It Up! Live by and champion our cultural values of Team, Educated Opinion, Economic Thinking, Intellectual Honesty, and Trust
- Maintain and promote a positive, optimistic outlook, personal accountability, and solution-focused orientation among your immediate and cross-functional team members
- Research Design, Execution, and Analysis
- Provide recommendations on research methodology, scope, and survey design for qualitative and quantitative studies to address key business questions and research objectives
- Execute multiple, fast-paced international and domestic projects from start-to-finish, overseeing programming, launch and online sampling, and proactively managing project resources to ensure all quotas are met on time and within budget
- Moderate online qualitative studies that are typically 2-3 days in length
- Integrate findings from multiple data sources to develop reports and provide actionable business insights and recommendations to our clients
- Client Management and Customer Satisfaction
- Maintain a maniacal focus on research quality, speed, and relationship building while executing the day-to-day project details for some of our biggest accounts
- Assist with product recommendations, client onboarding, new-client implementations, and training to ensure client experience is seamless and consistent
- Proactively engage with clients to ensure a positive experience and maximize the value and benefit of the product and services provided
- Product and Technical Support
- Serve as initial point of contact for clients to handle inquiries, troubleshoot basic problems and recommend solutions, and escalate more complex problems to the appropriate manager and/or team for resolution
- Maintain a general knowledge of GutCheck products and services and proactively voice opinions about potential improvements
- Proactively has an impact on research or company-wide processes especially as they relate to automation and standardization; promotes innovation to maintain our edge as a market leader
- We’re an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn’t meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you’ll do
- Bachelor’s degree in business, social science, or related field
- 2-5 years relevant experience and/or education
- Detail-oriented and process-driven while still seeing the big picture
- Efficient; organized; knows how to get stuff done
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- International research experience or 2nd language spoken
- Big data experience
- 2+ years vendor management experience
- 2+ years experience in a customer support role
GutCheck is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.