Reporting Analyst I at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS empowers small to large retirement plan providers around the globe with a comprehensive, integrated suite of retirement solutions. Our industry-leading offering includes an extensive selection of technology and services. From record keeping technology and plan administration and compliance solutions, to financial wellness that supports all aspects of retirement services business and positions our clients for future growth. We are looking for a talented resource, who is comfortable working multiple appropriately prioritized issues and/or projects at a time. One who desires to be a part of this global dynamic retirement technology team where they will grow personally, technically and professionally.
What you will be doing
As a Reporting Analyst you will be reporting complex data from multiple sources while maintaining accuracy and integrity of supporting database information.
- Researches, compiles, analyzes and reports various operational data from multiple sources including unit production, productivity and/or quality statistics.
- Meets with report users, determines report requirements, understands where data is located and designs processes to retrieve data.
- Creates queries and reports through use of reporting tools to create efficiencies within the department.
- Extracts information from databases in a variety of different formats such as DBIV, csv, txt, .xls, XML, FW, .sas, .rtf, etc.
- Converts and stores data from sources into back end databases such as SQL and Access.
- Interfaces between raw data sources and front end reporting services using table linking, embedding, import/export and file conversion techniques.
- Produces and distributes monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Prepares ad-hoc analysis as requested.
- Leads and/or participates in department projects as assigned.
- Researches questions related to report information and calculations.
- Audits questionable report information.
- May develop applications to be used by other departments as needed.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- A Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Requires up to three years financial analysis, information systems development or business systems analysis experience.
- Requires experience with MS Access database including SQL query building, table linking, form and report design, VBA and macros
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Access
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, organization, team and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to handle numerous responsibilities with little direction
- Proven ability to be self-motivated and work well independently
- Willingly shares relevant technical knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
View our benefits here: https://cdn.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/FIGLUS/documents/2021BenefitsSnapshot-1611561721803.pdf The posted salary range describes the minimum to maximum range for this job description in the state of Colorado. The salary range is posted in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act. The salary range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of Colorado.$51,170-83,410
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.