About the Innovation & Incubation Team at FIS - Impact Labs
Our vision is to make FIS the industry-leading provider of platforms and services for companies to build and run financial applications.
The innovation & incubation team has finished incubating a product aimed to help merchants reduce e-commerce consumer drop-offs and is looking to hire an all-star team that can scale the business under the innovation organization.
Joining this team will put you at the forefront of fintech innovation. You will be able to scale a first in class product leveraging FIS assets and capabilities and drive significant value back to the business. Most importantly, your work will shape the future financial services landscape.
Our team is made up of builders and you should be no exception!
We'relooking for aData Architectwhowillreport to the Head of Engineering.Youwill play a critical role indrivingouroveralldata strategy-developing, optimizing, and overseeingourplatform'sconceptual and logical data systems.Your responsibilities will include preparing architect reports, monitoring the system health and performance, and the general supervision ofsystem migrations.
- Design and implement database solutions and models
- Formulates the organizational data strategy, including standards of data quality, the flow of data within the organization, and security of data
- Identify database structural improvements by evaluating operations, applications, and programming
- Implementation and management of data management and data analytics systems
- Monitor DB platform performance by performing regular tests, troubleshooting, and integrating new features
- Recommend solutions to improve new and existing database systems
- Educateyour colleaguesthrough training and individual support
- Help in triaging issues
- Cross squad collaboration and knowledge transfer
- Work with the Head of Engineering on setting KPIs and managing alignment with them
- Focus on ensuring consistency in the quality of our platform releases
- Ability to operate independently
- Ability to exhibit solid decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Prior5+ years ofexperience
- Experience working with Postgres
- Strong knowledge of database structure systems and data mining
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities
- Outstanding problem solver
- Prior experience working on the design, implementation, and delivery of high transaction volume with low latency enterprise solutions
- Strong communication skills- mediation and negotiation skills
Nice to have
- Prior working experience in start-up environment or corporate innovation team
- Fintech experience
- Entrepreneurial track record: we want builders!
- Cloud computing: AWS RDS
What we offer you
- A driven, creative, and multi-talented group of colleagues who are extraordinary passionate about their role in shaping the future of fintech and driving cultural transformation at FIS
- A high-visibility, high-impact role
- Ownership of your role and responsibilities, impact on an innovative culture
- Work closely with teams that are creating solutions for some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on trust, accountability, collaboration, curiosity, fearlessness, kindness and respect
View our benefits here: https://cdn.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/FIGLUS/documents/2021BenefitsSnapshot-1611561721803.pdf The posted salary range describes the minimum to maximum range for this job description in the state of Colorado. The salary range is posted in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act. The salary range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of Colorado.$91,200-153,210
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.