Simple Energy is a trusted solution provider enabling utilities to become both more consumer-centric and environmentally sustainable. Our software as a service (“SaaS,”) instant rebate, customer engagement, digital marketing and ecommerce solutions drive energy savings and serve as the platform for the utility of the future. As a certified B-corp, we balance our financial success with our mission to create a more sustainable future, and are looking for team members both motivated about that mission and excited about or core values: ownership, one team, active communication, and “high performance happy.”
As the Regulatory Analyst, you will serve as a key member of the market development team, providing data and insights to inform regulatory affairs, sales, solutions, and strategy squads to identify near, medium, and long term commercial tactics and strategy. The role will provide numerous professional development opportunities, and successful incumbents in the role will have a variety of career advancement opportunities in policy, regulatory affairs, corporate development, business development, strategy and/or sales.
- Working with the market development, sales, and strategy teams, develop best practices for tracking and reporting market, policy, and regulatory insights to the rest of the Simple Energy team, as prioritized by the Market Development squad, and including research relevant to both existing and potential offerings.
- Using established industry tools & datasets, trade press, and regulatory filings, track, analyze, and report developments in electric power and natural gas utility markets relevant to markets for our current and potential energy efficiency, demand response, and utility consumer analytics offerings.
- Develop and deliver regular reports and presentations to sales, marketing, communications, strategy, and senior leadership to inform commercial strategy
- Perform bespoke industry and partner research upon request.
- Thought Leadership
- Support the VP, Market Development and market development squad in developing presentations for industry events, workshops, and meetings with client partners, the media, regulators, and policymakers.
- Work with consultants, contractors, industry associations, clients, and partners to build Simple Energy’s reputation and relationships in the clean energy transformation ecosystem
- Further develop and disseminate subject matter expertise to internal colleagues, supporting our culture of collaboration and innovation.
- Experience: Minimum of three years in an market research or regulatory affairs position; experience in the utilities industry preferred.
- Education: Bachelor degree, or equivalent experience, in a relevant field; a Master’s degree in a relevant field is a plus but not required.
- Communication Skills: Strong written and presentation skills, including data organization, presentation, and dissemination, with either demonstrated capability or strong interest in mastering tools such as PowerPoint, Tableau, and/or spreadsheet-created tables and graphs.
- Industry Knowledge: Foundational knowledge of SaaS and software, energy system utilities, energy policy & regulation, and/or demand-side management is a plus.
- Travel Requirements: Negotiable, up to 10% possible; advance notice and flexibility will be provided.
- Values: Aligned to Simple Energy's mission and core values.
- Teamwork: Able to effectively and efficiently work directly with multiple teams requesting data & insights given general direction on prioritization and deadlines from management.
- Self Starter: Proactive, independent thinker prepared to find and deliver new ways to bring value to the firm, and bring new ideas, tools, and work process improvements.
- Thought Processes: Analytical and structured thinker, excited to share ideas and both receive and provide constructive criticism to peers and management.