At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Project Controls Analyst II – EVMS Compliance
What You’ll Do:
- Execute monthly analysis of program compliances against EVMS regulatory metrics to ensure system compliance across programs.
- Report Compliance Metrics to programs and management and ensure corrective actions are taken where appropriate
- Monitor Program EVMS Deliverables to ensure they are in compliance with our EVMS System Description, provide coaching and instruction when necessary.
- Assist with maintaining company policies and procedures and regulatory changes occur.
- Enforce compliance with EVMS policies, procedures and processes
- Provide training to Program Managers, CAMs, and Project Control Teams on EVMS Audit Metrics, what they mean and how they impact the program.
- Provide input to other Ball Aerospace teams on process improvement ideas that will better enable adoption of EVMS protocols across the company.
- Support the development, implementation, training and maintenance of EVMS processes, procedures and tools
- Assist with setting up new programs to ensure they are compliant with current policies and procedures.
- Support Joint Surveillance Reviews and Integrated Baseline Reviews, and other Government reviews and data calls.
- Provide Tools and Processes support to Project Controls Analysts, CAMs, and Program Managers in the field.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS in a related field plus 2 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in Finance or Accounting is preferred.
- Strong user of MS Office tools like Excel and MS Project.
- Knowledge of EIA-748 Earned Value Management Systems 32 Guidelines.
- Experience with DCMA DECM metrics desired.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivating and able to plan own work.
- Ability to work with all personalities.
- Good listening skills.
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills and accuracy.
- Ability to develop and/or improve processes.
- Knowledge of scheduling desired.
- Ability to see the big picture, not just your own area.
- Experience with EVMS Management tools like Empower, MPM, or similar.
- Proficient acumen for tools and to quickly learn new tools and problem solve issues independently.
- Strong business acumen and experience with defense contracting.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $60,500 - $82,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.