Programmer Analyst - Senior at FIS
Job Profile overview
Advanced professional individual contributor role with broad understanding of their area of expertise. Resolves complex issues requiring in-depth knowledge and skills. Exercises judgement in decision making, determines approach, methods, and procedures to use on new assignments. May coordinate and guide the work of others.
Design, codes, tests, implement, maintain, and support applications software that is delivered on time and within budget. Work closely with customers, business analysts, and team members to understand business requirements that drive analysis and design of quality technical solutions ensuring alignment with business and IT strategies and complying with FIS architectural standards.
General duties and responsibilities:
- Provide application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project.
- Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications.
- Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements, and maintains software applications.
- Maintains, tests, and integrates application components.
- Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code.
- Ensures system improvements are successfully implemented.
- Demonstrates and understanding of FIS systems and the financial services industry.
- Analyzes requirements and translates business requirements into product designs.
- Writes technical specifications and other forms of documentation.
- Suggests technical alternatives and improves and streamlines processes and systems.
- Completes project assignments and special projects commensurate with job expectations.
- Conducts planning, analysis, and forecasting activities to plan projects and tasks.
- May participate in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation, and buy versus build recommendations.
- May provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical professions.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
Job Level Detail:
Advanced professional role, highly skilled with extensive proficiency. Develops large and/or complex solutions that require analysis and research. Works on multiple projects as a project leader or frequently as the subject matter expert. Works on projects/issues of medium to high complexity that requires demonstrated knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments. Coaches and mentor junior technical staff. Works under minimal supervision on complex projects. Wide latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires six or more years of demonstrated applications development experience with at least one project as the application development technical lead on a 'large' project, e.g., a project with a duration of more than 6,000 hours or spanning more than four months.
What you will need:• Knowledge of modern, end-to-end systems development life cycles.• Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition disciplines.• A bachelor's in computer science or information systems or equivalent experience.
What we offer you:
At FIS, you can grow your career as far as you want to take it. Here's what else we offer:• Opportunities to make an impact in fintech• Personal and professional learning• Inclusive, diverse work environment• Resources to give back to your community• Competitive salary and benefits
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.