Programmer Analyst Senior - Remote at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
You will be part of team tasked with supporting large core financial application hosted on OpenShift, using JBoss, leveraging Web Services, connecting to Oracle backend. Primary role will be troubleshooting live production issues, attending to defects, and communicating root causes. Must be familiar with Java, Rest/SOAP, and SQL, experience with Linux and tools such as eclipse, Splunk, Postman/Soap UI a plus.
What you will be doing:
- Coding, debugging, implementing and maintaining software applications.
- Maintaining and integrating new application components.
- Ensuring deployment of system improvements.
- Provides application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project.
- Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code
- Analyzes requirements and translates business requirements into product designs.
- Resolves client concerns raised during installation, operation, maintenance or product application or compatibility matters.
- Troubleshoot problems with equipment or software applications and recommend corrective action.
- Troubleshoot live production issues, attend defects and communicating root causes.
- Must have experience with Java, Rest/SOAP, JBoss and SQL.
What you bring:
- Knowledge of modern, end-to-end systems development life cycles.
- Must have experience with Java, Rest/SOAP and SQL.
- Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition disciplines.
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers.
- Excellent problem-solving, team and time management skills.
- Resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas.
Added bonus if you have:
- Eclipse, Splunk, Postman experience a plus but not required
- Knowledge of FIS products and services a plus but not required
- Knowledge of Financial Industry preferred.
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.