Professional Services Operations Analyst at Snowflake
Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
The primary responsibility of the Professional Services Operations Analyst is to act as the single point of contact for regional services management teams, including Practice Directors and Services Delivery Managers (SDMs). This position requires that the individual manage the day-to-day operations and financials for their region of the practice. The PS Operations Analyst will be the liaison between PS Practice Directors and Finance, working directly with Finance for month-end close processes and financial analysis. This individual will be expected to maintain accurate project setup and reporting in our PSA tool and will work closely with a Resource Delivery Manager to drive utilization in the region. The PS Operations Analyst will assist with ongoing operational tasks and will create regular reports to help drive analytical efficiencies in the org.
As a PS Operations Analyst at Snowflake you will:
- Be responsible for management of projects in PSA system throughout the entire project lifecycle, from project setup, ongoing maintenance, and project close out. Ensure accuracy of various project related data elements, including those that affect revenue recognition and invoicing.
- Oversee time and expense entry and approvals process to ensure accuracy and timeliness. Highlight anomalies and coordinate adjustments as necessary.
- Lead the bottoms up revenue forecasting process, working closely with the PS managers and RDMs and ensuring data is reflected properly in PSA and other tools used to support the process. Track and understand forecast progression throughout each quarter and drive improvements in accuracy.
- Work closely with the Revenue team to support revenue recognition and month-end processes for PS, including providing supporting reports.
- Reconcile revenue, forecasts vs actual, GL vs PSA.
- Produce various reports on a regular basis including backlog, burndown (actual and scheduled), utilization, project profitability, and other KPIs. Provide analysis supporting the reports. Also, assisting with adhoc reporting needs, including customer specific reports.
- Work closely with PS mgmt, IT, Finance to drive PSA improvements in reporting/KPI tracking
- Act as point of contact into Finance and other internal groups in order to reduce operational noise for PS managers.
- Manage administrative processes supporting PS subcontractor partners, including onboarding, contract management, PRs/POs in procurement system, tracking of timecards/delivery, and invoice validation and approval. offboarding. Assist finance with accruals and forecasting of costs/revenue.
- Provide insight, analysis, and decision support for regional PS leaders
- For all processes above, continuously identify and recommend areas for improvement. Assist with planning and implementation of process and system improvements.
Our ideal PS Operations Analyst will include:
- 3+ years of professional services operations or related experience, ideally in enterprise software company
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience working with PSA system. Financial Force experience is a plus.
- Assertive conflict-resolution and problem-solving skills
- Clear and concise communication in both written and verbal form
- Ability to be diplomatic or firm when necessary in order to drive business forward or obtain results
- Highly detail oriented and able to work autonomously
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and tight deadlines with confidence and ease
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload across multiple groups and time zones
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.