Looking for a fast paced and high growth opportunity with a dynamic service-based software company? As a Data Modeler at FJA-US, you’ll be joining our team of qualified and diverse individuals who come together as a collective to deliver our clients the best possible product. Constantly changing client-driven deadlines and deliverables need to be met, working with other Data Modelers, you’ll be analyzing and modeling data into FJA’s very own platform called the Unified Product Platform (UPP). Essentially, customizing the product for a specific client, down to the very littlest of details.
We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving with the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success. You as a modeler create the vision and requirements the client set. If you think Data modeling is right for you, we’d love to hear from you!
· Translate and configure product data into a useable structure format.
· Review and analyze product data from client sources such as databases and/or spreadsheets. Put data into FJA’s custom Product Machine by using specific input properties and processes.
· Create and execute test cases, reports, and scripts to ensure validity and accuracy of work.
· Manage lifecycle of product data using standard software development methodologies
· Review written documentation.
· Perform configuration duties.
· Assist senior product modelers with translating product specification templates into FJA’s Product Machine.
· Develop a thorough understanding of the product model structure.
· Understand the products and processes in the insurance companies supported by FJA.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Demonstrates and facilitates professional communication skills by listening, writing, and speaking effectively.
· Establishes and maintains solid interpersonal relationships with clients and FJA team members across all levels of an organization.
· Effective facilitation, collaboration, negotiation and conflict resolution abilities.
· Ability to create and conduct presentations in a professional and confident manner to a variety of audiences.
· Strong analytical, research and problem solving skills. Pro-active ability to identify, assess, improve/refine and solve complex challenges.
· Flexible and able to thrive in a fast paced, high growth, team based environment while successfully handling competing and ever changing priorities and responsibilities.
· Creative self-starter with a passion for continuous learning and improvement.
· Advanced software proficiency utilizing various application which includes, but is no limited to the following: Microsoft Office and database software.
People Leadership/Development Duties
· Report to a supervisor and/or senior modeler
· No leadership or supervisor duties.
· As directed, provide job related mentorship and training to peers.
· As requested, provide peer review feedback.
Education, Certification and/or Formal Training
· High School diploma required; Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Economics, IT, Computer Science or closely related field preferred.
· Minimum 1 year of data analytics and/or modeling experience.
· Healthcare insurance industry experience is a plus.
· The following area of experience are pluses: Java, Agile Methodologies, JIRA, Confluence, Maven, Mercurial, Subversion, Eclipse, QVT, continuous integration tools and/or concepts, application servers.
This job generally operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers/keyboards/mice, printers, phones, mobile devices, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines, etc. The noise level in the office work environment varies from moderate to loud. When traveling to client sites, the employee may be exposed to various unknown work environments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close visual acuity and ability to adjust focus to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing computer monitors, extensive reading, and legally operate a motor vehicle.
• FJA is a service-based company, this position may occasionally necessitate working additional hours and weekends outside of the employee’s regular work schedule.
• Possible local and/or national US travel up to 10%.