Procurement Data Analyst at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable aluminum packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 17,500 people worldwide and reported 2018 net sales of $11.6 billion. For more information, visit www.ball.com, or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.
The Data Analyst’s primary purpose is to analyze and interpret data, creating information and insights to enable procurement decisions.
What will you be responsible for?
- Establishing data request templates for efficient and effective intake of requests from procurement colleagues and management
- Work with colleagues and management to understand business analysis needs and clearly document requirements for analyses to be developed
- Develop processes and tools for initial and ongoing data collection in support of business analysis requirements not addressed by current systems
- Work with IT, Finance and other stakeholders as needed to develop extracts from current business applications and data sources
- Work with colleagues and management to identify data problems and implement remedies as needed
- Using digital tools and techniques, analyze data, interpret results and provide ongoing analysis
- Define advanced data collection and analysis processes, including digital and AI approaches
- Deliver reporting capabilities to address category management, regional and business unit information needs
- Provide functional and category analytics both routinely and on an ad-hoc basis as required
- Optimize statistical accuracy and reliability by continuously improving data collection approaches, analysis processes, and related strategies. Synthesize, summarize, and interpret information from multiple sources (historical, forecast, internal and external)
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Identify and propose process improvement opportunities based on analysis findings
What are we looking for?
- Undergraduate degree required. Graduate degree and/or a specialization in analytics or data science a plus
- 3-5 years of work experience in similar data analysis roles
- Background in consulting a plus
- Ability to analyze large data sets and recognize patterns in data, information, or events to draw logical conclusions and make recommendations
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills, including but not limited to quantitative (financial and non-financial) and qualitative analysis of internal and external data to support the strategies of the Procurement organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner and to create comprehensive presentations
- Strong knowledge of and experience with advanced digital/AI tools in business intelligence (e.g. Tableau, Qlik, Power BI) and data analysis (e.g. Alteryx, SAS)
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to gather requirements and information from various sources, interpret patterns and trends using advanced digital tools and methods, and provide comprehensive overviews to support internal stakeholders. Contributes to improving methods and processes the company uses to obtain and analyze data by providing recommendations to enhance the quality and efficiency of Ball’s business applications and data sources.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $67,700 - $101,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, as well as internal and external equity.)
- This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- For Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions, Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, click here for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans