Principal, Technical Solutions Exploration at Guild Education
Guild is hiring a Director, Technical Solution Exploration to join our growing team. As a Director, Technical Solution Exploration, you will use your passion for workforce development combined with your technical expertise to lead and support in the exploration and design of new applications or service solutions that Guild offers to our students and clients.
This is an individual contributing role, responsible for leading the exploration, research, design, and early development phases for new offerings. They will introduce the overall vision for a new solution and communicate effectively across all of Guild’s internal stakeholders, both technical and non-technical, to ensure a successful, subsequent implementation phase of the solution.
As Director, Technical Solution Exploration, you will:
- Analyze and determine how new solutions and technical decisions will impact the business processes & outcomes of our stakeholder groups (students, clients/employer partners, academic partners). You will be responsible for driving process iterations, and shaping new projects and workstreams around the exploration and design of new offerings.
- Examine Guild’s current systems architecture, and work with new business and technical teams to advance solutions that result in more effective systems across all of Guild’s services.
- Effectively lead, prepare and handoff exploration and design workstreams to the subsequent implementation teams. When needed, you’ll support development teams with these solution implementations, providing guidance and input, as well as project managing the progress of the early exploration and design processes across multiple departments.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Ability to identify and define process and technical requirements for Guild’s core platform services
- Ability to identify which Guild platform services meet a given process or technical requirement within a client organization
- An understanding of the basic architectural principles of building new solutions in the Guild platform environment
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work well under pressure, in a highly cross-functional and cross-collaborative environment
- Deep analytical skills, both in highly complex technical environments and process-oriented organizations
- Project management skills, with a good understanding of resource management
- Ability to build trusted relationships with different stakeholder groups and confidently advocate, influence and negotiate across various levels of the organization
- A strong sense of ownership with proven ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Hands-on experience with Guild services and offerings
- People management experience in a fast-scaling, education technology company
- Deep understanding of Guild’s strategic vision for its stakeholder groups (students, employer partners, academic partners) and long-term corporate strategy
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our latest $157 million financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $145,000-$182,500 and bonus/variable compensation/commissions eligibility, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth