Principal Data Scientist at Validity Inc.
Who is Return Path?
Return Path is the expert in deliverability. Every day, our customers trust our data and insights to help them optimize their email marketing. Partnered with best-in-class email service providers, we help marketers take their email programs to the next level by driving more response and increasing revenue.
At Return Path, we know email.
Our solution brings together the world's most comprehensive source of data from the email ecosystem. We partner with providers of mailbox and security solutions, covering 2.5 billion inboxes. These data sources and partnerships have been established over our history, making Return Path a trusted industry leader.
Once you're an employee here, this is a place where you'll be challenged, inspired, rewarded, and transformed.
The Impact You'll Have
We are looking for a Principal Data Scientist to join the Data Science team. The Principal Data Scientist role is responsible for modeling and deploying at scale ML solutions, discovering insights, and identifying and effectively communicating opportunities based on technical expertise and business strategy. You should be comfortable in multiple languages such as Scala and Python, and should be able to quickly understand and suggest ideas for model deployment that can be supported across the organization. As Principal Data Scientist you should understand the technical aspects of our products, connect technical work to business strategy, and have the skills to implement, communicate, and influence others. The Principal Data Scientist will work closely with management, other data scientists, analysts, principal engineers, and product management. This is an exciting opportunity to work collaboratively with other data scientists and cross-functional teams.
- Lead development of infrastructure for model deployment and model testing
- Support and drive company efforts around machine learning, model deployment/scaling, and innovation
- Work alongside other data scientists, engineers, and project managers to design and implement scalable, production-ready models and experiments from end-to-end
- Identify, code, and deploy relevant algorithms and processes for data-driven solutions
- Create and deploy ML solutions, such as anomaly detection, time series prediction, clustering, and deep learning solutions
- Apply in-depth knowledge of systems and products to consult and advise on additional efforts across the organization, especially in terms of data science process, development, and deployment
- Provide training, mentorship, motivation, and support to team members, probe into technical details, and mentor others to do the same
- Work with management and other senior analytics members to develop and grow standards of practices for data science
- Provide thought leadership and direction for analytic solutions, tools, and studies
- Interact with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information/solutions related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology/business solutions
- Consistently communicate on the status of project deliverables and deliverables of teams
- Contribute to our evolving cloud infrastructure and data pipeline
What does it take to be successful in this role?
You should have a strong desire to work in a highly collaborative environment, have excellent communication skills, and be very comfortable with rapid change and uncertainty. You'll be highly accountable for success in a supportive environment that values creative thinking and fast results. You should be a multiplier, continually improving your skills, and embody a leader in the analytics team. You should be comfortable explaining complex ideas to non-technical stakeholders.
- 7+ years of experience in a quantitative or computing field such as math/stats, computer science, or machine learning
- Industry experience in managing and deploying ML models
- Expert in ML algorithms
- Advanced user of one of Keras and/or TensorFlow
- Has worked on and contributed to large Python projects
- Expert in distributed computing
- Expert in AWS systems
- Ability to quickly learn new languages and processes
In addition to the above, you must be a good fit at Return Path. To be successful here, you must demonstrate Personal/Professional Growth, Professionalism, Execution, and Strategic Thinking; have a Positive Impact and a great sense of humor.
At Return Path, we are building an extraordinary company that helps people and businesses communicate more reliably, effectively, and securely. We put people first, do the right thing, and succeed together.
We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices and we live it every day. This means we have generous traditional benefits and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. We also strive to ensure each person in the company is in the right job, knows how his or her job contributes to the overall company mission, and has a clear sense of career growth and direction. We have great employee retention over the years because people love coming to work here and really feel like they're part of something special.
Do the right thing
The Return Path experience is a two-way exchange. We expect you to give us your best every day, and you can expect the same from us. In exchange for your talent, your energy, and your unique contributions, we will strive to give you what you need to live a balanced, healthy life. This means more than competitive pay and benefits-it means offering the freedom and flexibility to create your ideal experience inside and outside the office.
For more information visit www.returnpath.com
Return Path is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.