Principal Data Scientist - Marketing at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
The Segment team focuses on the Merchant Solutions and Banking Solutions businesses. Our team is transforming to become a truly data-driven organization and this role is a crucial piece of that transformation. The team is motivated and interested in data that drives actionable insights. They are a fun team, working together in an energetic and ambitious manner to drive the business forward!
What you will be doing:
Expert career, individual contributor role. Highly experienced professional with broad experience and unique knowledge. Works independently with only administrative supervision on highly complex projects with extensive latitude for independent judgment. Able to autonomously manage highly complex quantitative projects, involving multiple team members. Can liaise effectively with the wider organization/client where necessary. Expected to be primary mentor for others on staff and is a role model for rest of team providing direction and training when requested. Serves as a subject-matter-expert for complex quantitative inquiries received from internal support functions on quantitative analysis and finance. Ability to provide communication on issues or complex information to a wide audience based on knowledge. Participates as a senior member of the team in strategic planning and direction.
As a subject matter expert, this role promotes financial engineering solutions internally and externally. Expected to support the process of selling FIS’ solutions to prospects and developing our relationships with clients. Responsible for developing, documenting, and implementing standards, guidelines, direction, and education on process/procedures for staff. Assigned to the most highly visible, sensitive, and critical issues. Typically requires a minimum of seven years’ experience of programming mathematical models. Barriers to entry, senior management review required.
• Analyze and extract insights from internal and external data
• Work with Big Data and transform complex datasets into more usable formats
• Work independently and collaborate with other groups to solve complex problems
• Create and present analyses to internal and external partners and clients
• Document models and write code to track and monitor models and product performance
• Other related duties assigned as needed
What you bring:
Masters or PhD in Statistics, Decision Sciences, Applied Mathematics, Economics or Computer Science or the equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Knowledge in machine learning, artificial intelligence, statistical modelling, data visualization, and data analysis
• Proficient in data science tools and programming languages such as SAS, Python, R, Scala, SQL
• Experience or knowledge of cloud-based technology
• Knowledge of financial services industry
• Ability to collaborate with others and solve complex problem
• Proficiency in solutions design and requirements
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
• Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
• Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach
• Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients and contacts
• Ability to work as part of a team or alone making a strong contribution in either scenario
• Exceptional statistical, mathematical and analytical skills
• Superior interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Delivery-oriented team player who takes responsibility for the team’s success and strives to continually learn and improve
• Ability to interface with all levels of employees and effectively interact with various functional areas and facilities
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, management, and clients
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.