Principal Data Platform Engineer
Job Title: Principal Data Platform Engineer
Location: Denver, CO
Position Type: Full-Time
Position Level: Senior - Principal
Travel Requirement: Minimal Travel Required
Xactly Corporation was founded to solve an important challenge: how to help people everywhere connect and unleash their human potential through seamless, perfectly aligned Sales Performance Management. Xactly's comprehensive Sales Performance Management (SPM) suite leverages data from a sales performance AI platform to provide timely insights across the entire SPM value chain, from sales planning to execution, including compensation to optimization. Xactly takes Sales Performance Management from a dark art to a science, providing decision-makers with the data insights they need to tap the motivational power of their incentive compensation. With access to predictive analytics and benchmark data, enterprises can now optimize territories, design the right compensation and incentive plans and accelerate attainment and optimization of sales performance.
Xactly is looking for a stellar individual to develop key components of our big data and machine learning platform. Driven by a strong entrepreneurial spirit, you will be responsible for architecture, design, implementation, deployment and monitoring enablement of these new components and features. In this position, you will have opportunity to work on advanced real time analytics platform, machine learning algorithms, caching, data exchange using a message bus, resource sharing and data synchronization for an application that will be used by tens to hundreds of thousands of concurrent users. You will also design and build REST APIs that interacts with our big data layer.
Working in a dynamic agile environment, you will collaborate daily with product managers, peer software engineers and architects, technical writers, QA engineers, and datacenteroperations engineers. You should be a core engineer at heart who cares about internals of the systems and applications as well as its look and feel.
Xactly's Engineering team is nimble and executes quickly. Covering offices in San Jose, Denver, Bangalore, and Toronto, we have a strong focus on cutting-edge and high-quality code and products. All engineers are encouraged to operate independently with the highly level of accountability, but also have the ability to be a team player and work with multiple teams.
THE SKILL SET
- At least B.S plus 5 or M.S. plus 3 years of professional experience in data platform or data application development
- Experience working with a Java or Scala based open source environment
- Prior experience in writing data processing algorithms and process on top of big data hadoop platform
- Previous experience and identifiable contributions to a scalable service-oriented architecture
- Hands on experience with hadoop ecosystem components such as Map-Reduce Tez, Hive, Drill, Spark and HBase
- Development experience in REST based web-services; creation and consumption.
- Demonstrated experience in the use and application of design patterns
- Strong algorithm background
- Skills using frameworks like Spark MLib, Tensorflow, etc.
- Implementation experience with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, MongoDB or HBase
- Prior use of Atlassian Jira, GreenHopper, and Confluence
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU'LL:
- Attend New Hire Training
- Learn Xactly's development processes
- Gain exposure to Xactly's tools and technologies
- Get to know your team
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Be a solid contributor to Xactly's Data Platform
- Working closely with our Architects and Product Managers
- Contributing our scrum development process
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Be re-writing and re-designing the entire platform to make it more real-time
- Ensure best development practices are being used
- Ensure that we are releasing the highest quality releases
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Be an expert with Xactly's Data Platform
- Take full ownership of the features and technology
- Continuously be re-inventing the platform
- Continuously work on process improvements in your team
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage (including pet insurance!)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- XactlyFit Gym/Fitness Program Reimbursement
- Kitchen Stocked Daily with Tasty Snacks, Fruit, and Drinks
- Access to Corporate Discounts
- Parking & Commuter Benefits
- Up to (3) Days Paid Leave to Participate in Community & Volunteer Opportunities
- End of Month Surprises, Contests, BBQs, Parties & Reward Vacations
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan & Employer Match
THE XACTLY STORY:
Xactly is a leading provider of enterprise-class, cloud-based, incentive compensation solutions for employee and sales performance management. We address a critical business need: to incentivize employees and align their behaviors with company goals. Our solutions allow organizations to make better strategic decisions, optimize behaviors, increase sales and employee performance, improve margins, increase operational efficiencies, mitigate risk, design better incentive compensation plans, and reduce error rates in incentive compensation calculations.
We were the first 100% cloud-based, multi-tenant provider focusing solely on the incentive compensation and employee and sales performance management market, and we achieved our leadership position through domain expertise and innovative technology. We deliver our solutions through a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model.
Xactly is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Xactly provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.