All roles at JumpCloud are Remote in the U.S. unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems using the latest technologies within a great team? Is knowing your work will be highly visible and mission critical a key component for the next step in your career? At JumpCloud, we’re looking for best-in-class talent to help define the future of modern identity and device management from the ground up.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to corporate technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities, their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. JumpCloud has a global user base of more than 100,000 organizations, with over 4,000 customers including Cars.com, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight, Beyond Finance and Foursquare. JumpCloud is backed by BlackRock, General Atlantic, OpenView, and Foundry Group.
We’re looking for an experienced Data Architect to provide technical leadership for our Data Engineering department, engaging with several engineering teams. Data Engineering is a key part of JumpCloud engineering, designing highly-available architecture, building tools, and scaling the JumpCloud platform.
The Problems You’ll be Solving:
Our architects are hands-on, active in the code and think big about Architecture, Design and Distributed Systems Practices. Continuous improvement is a core value at JumpCloud. We challenge every member of our team to be 1% better everyday.
JumpCloud seeks a proven data architect to define our future data platform. As a member of the architecture team, you will work closely with the teams driving machine learning and broader parts of the organization generating and consuming data. It is expected that you’ll bring past experiences with building out data models and data transfer standards with you and use your past experience to build a great new experience for JumpCloud’s internal teams and customers.
This is a cross-organizational role where working with and getting consensus from multiple teams will be critical to your success. You’ll need to be able to quickly take in information about a complex environment that serves millions of events a day, synthesize solutions from diverse requirements, and then be able to explain the rationale for your decisions and build consensus for their implementations. It’s also expected that you’ll be able to lead teams in the art of the possible.
This position is an individual contributor role without formal people management responsibilities - but it will play a critical role in helping to define the culture of working with data to drive AI and ML inside of JumpCloud. This means not only understanding the technology, but being able to justify why the adoption of that technology will be able to drive JumpCloud forward.
- Work across all of JumpCloud to define and architect the next generation data infrastructure supporting real-time, batch, and big data analytics workloads
- Define and publish standards for data producers and consumers to ensure robust data governance and discoverability for diverse stakeholders and services
- Work with legal and security stakeholders to assure that any implementation is compliant with global privacy, legal, and security requirements associated with our global footprint
- Work across the entire organization, in partnership with the architects and other principal engineers as the subject matter expert to provide guidance on best practices for data architectures
- Provide a specification and ensure implementation of an enterprise wide data catalog along with well-defined data SLAs
- Work hands-on as part of a data engineering team to implement highly-available scalable solutions
We’re looking for…
- 6+ years of experience as a tech lead
- 4 years of data experience on a major cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- 3 years of experience with distributed big data platforms/tools such as Spark, Dataflow, Kinesis, Snowflake, ElasticSearch, Redshift, Athena, AWS Glue, Python/PySpark
- Experience with modern cloud data warehouse architectures and best practices for performance and cost management.
- Experience developing cloud-native software written in Python, Golang, or NodeJS
- Good knowledge of software architecture design patterns - particularly for cloud native microservice applications
- Strong leadership skills to help technically drive and oversee projects on multiple teams from conception to completion
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual compensation range for this role, depending on individual candidate level and experience, is $200,000-$255,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. JumpCloud provides comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance and a 401k savings plan. We have an unlimited vacation policy.
Where you’ll be working
All our roles are remote in the U.S. unless otherwise specified. Our Headquarters is in the Denver/Boulder, CO area. Once we reopen our offices you will have the opportunity to remain fully remote (in the U.S.), work from one of our office locations (CO only currently) or flex your time.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description