Pricing Associate at Ibotta
Ibotta is seeking a Pricing Associate to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding. The Pricing Associate will be a key contributor to establishing consistent and long term pricing strategies as well as owning the analysis to determine the optimal price points and structures to balance growth and profitability.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Analyze, develop, and implement pricing strategies to maximize profit and propel growth
- Analyze competitor pricing matched with market expectations to determine the ideal target price for products of the business
- Develop a system of communication, documentation and review of internal and external comparative pricing data
- Conduct competitive analysis of product offerings and consult business leaders on competitive opportunities for Ibotta’s products
- Identify performance trends and provide recommendations for improvement
- Perform margin and pricing analysis to support business initiatives
- Validate sales estimates for accuracy and profitability
- Identifies opportunities to optimize cross selling of services
- Support the Deals Desk with real-time deal review, pricing analysis, reporting, and modeling
- Consults with sales and marketing to develop proposals
- Assist with analysis and negotiations for procurements
- Partner with Sales and Clients to set and manage pricing
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years experience working as a pricing analyst in Performance Marketing, CPG, Retail, or a related industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Economics preferred
- Strong knowledge about the industry including competitors and market trends
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Effective reporting and presentation skills
- Comfortable working through ambiguity and imperfect data
- Skilled in Pricing modeling and analysis, market analysis, and business analysis
- Technical skills: Analytical thinking and Advanced Microsoft Suite Products skills
- SQL and/or Python experience a plus
- Experience working with Salesforce.com preferred
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $800 million in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity.
- Base compensation range: $90,000-$120,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base compensation.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race,color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status,gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handlingof data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well asreporting security incidents to the proper channels.