Predictive Modeling Manager/Data Scientist
Greater Denver Area
Establish Pie as a top 10 commercial insurer among small business owners by providing our customers with an outstanding shopping experience while building a robust portfolio.
How You'll Do It
As a Data Scientist, you will be an integral part of PIE’s product development and delivery teams, working closely and collaboratively with PIE insurance domain experts, data analysts, engineers and customers. You will develop highly robust predictive models that provide significant and measurable results for PIE. Additionally, you will partner with the Chief Analytics Officer to perform and deliver modeling proof-of-concepts and retro-tests, as well as help to deploy approved models to PIE’s production environments.
The Day to Day
- Conduct advanced analytics activities leveraging predictive modeling, machine learning, simulation, optimization, and other techniques to deliver insights or develop analytical solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Effectively represent the Data Science group in a collaborative environment to execute on company goals.
- Support Subject Matter Experts in Product and Underwriting on efforts to develop scalable and robust solutions.
- Translate complex analytical and technical concepts for non-technical team members to enable understanding and drive informed business decisions.
- Stay up-to-date on industry and job-related trends and best practices, including reading relevant publications, articles, blogs, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
The Right Stuff
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics or related quantitative field
- Minimum 3 years’ professional experience in an analytics role, focusing on statistical modeling or machine learning
- 3+ years hands-on experience with R, Python or similar statistical package
- Experience in communicating modeling procedure and results to non-experts
- System knowledge required:
- Statistical modeling software: R, Python
- Data visualization software and tools
- Experience with Snowflake, SQL, Mongo, NoSQL, and other data cleansing and validation software a plus
- MS Office Suite
- Version Control Systems
- Databases/data structures
- Fundamental understanding of programming and scripting experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple priorities or tasks
- Proficient analytical and critical thinking skills
- Flexible and adaptable
Working at Pie
- You expect to challenge others and to be challenged.
- Your communication style is candid and compassionate.
- You share your knowledge. We aren’t here to compete with one another; we are in it to win it, together.
- You share our passion for the small business community.
We're building Pie for the next generation of small businesses. Our team is on a mission to make workers’ compensation less expensive, simpler, and more transparent. Easy as pie, in fact.
Founded in 2017, Pie is a fast-growing insurtech startup with home offices in Washington, DC, and Denver, CO. Pie offers an incredible career opportunity where you can use your expertise to disrupt an industry and serve the SMB community. Invest your time doing meaningful work in a fast-paced environment where your contribution will have an immediate impact.
Pie, backed by trusted global insurer Sirius Group, continues to expand nationwide in 2019 as we scale our team and operations. Want a slice? In return for your commitment to us, you’ll get a piece of Pie in the form of stock options. At Pie, we’re invested in you, and you in us.
Read Full Job Description