Performance Database System Analyst at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The Performance CoE is responsible for development and implementation of performance standards, process, tools, methodologies and best practices for improving the quality of applications and solutions for the Banking domain. Performance CoE focus on enablement of Performance standards development for core Banking products and Client implementation projects in addition to advancement and development of new technology and innovation.
What you will be doing
As a member of our Performance CoE, you will be responsible for driving the application performance and meeting standards for our FIS applications by working closely with IT architects, developers and collaborating with internal and external partners on the product solutions and leading the product delivery efforts with highest quality standards. You will be primarily responsible for evaluating Database performance and provide recommendation for improvements within the Release/Project.
- Performance testing with a focus around performance tuning and optimization
- Measure various aspect of the system performance, including throughput, response times, resource usage such as CPU, memory, thread utilization and IO statistics.
- Automate the tracking and publishing of Performance results across software builds and releases to ensure high quality releases.
- Perform root cause analysis, performance optimization and architecture. Demonstrate a technical aptitude to do a deep dive into problem areas and contribute to fixes that are faster, cleaner and require less maintenance.
- Set up data load and refresh and management and monitor of database for Performance Testing environment. Perform memory leak testing and code optimization.
- Work with project teams in optimizing and tuning database in Cloud and non-cloud environments
- Provide database sizing recommendations for Production based on performance test results.
- Support Production issue fixes and database analysis as needed
- Reviews proposed design and infrastructure. Troubleshoot system and database bottlenecks and identify performance hotspots and database issues
- Recommends performance and reliability enhancements
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Experience with Neoload Performance Tool
- Experience with Dynatrace OneAgent
- Proficient in understanding the hardware/infrastructure
- Strong understanding of performance tuning Relational Databases (Must have: Oracle, SQL Server. optional: DB2, PostgreSQL).
- Study application data model and schema. build large volume of test dataset required for performance testing.
- Ability to rewrite complex SQL queries/PLQSL procedures to optimize performance
- Ability to troubleshoot database/SQL performance issues -analyze database reports (AWR/tkprof), capture sql trace, analyze sql execution plan, indexing, db optimizer configuration tuning etc.
- Ability to analyze database workloads and assist with server capacity sizing -cpu, memory, disk and network size/ bandwidth requirements
- Experience in database maintenance activities -backup, restore, recovery, maintain statistics, reorg, rebuild indexes etc.
- Experience with Oracle 12 ASM, RAC, RMAN, datapump
Preferred Skills and Knowledge
- Previous banking is a nice to have but not required
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.