Oracle Database Developer at HomeAdvisor
HomeAdvisor’s Database Development team is growing! We’re seeking an Oracle Database Developer to join our small yet mighty team of developers. Our team is responsible for supporting a growing team of application developers by ensuring that our database layer is stable and scalable. In this role, you’ll be responsible for:
- Oracle development
- Translating application requirements into efficient data storage and retrieval
- Writing DDL, DML, and Oracle PL/SQL
- Working closely with our product and QA people to deliver features in an Agile development environment
Why we think you'll like working here:
- HomeAdvisor is a great place to learn and grow your skills. We’re also very open to what you bring to our organization and sharing the skills you’ve grown in previous jobs and on your own
- HomeAdvisor and our sister company, Angie’s List, have combined to create the largest home services marketplace in the nation - a homeowner turns to us every second for help
- Our environment is dynamic and energetic, and our employees have voted us to the Denver Post's list of Top Workplaces for 6 years running
- You’ll have a direct impact on our customer experience every single day
Experience we’re seeking:
- 3+ years working with Oracle
- Experience with databases, data structures, manipulating data
- Experience coding in one of the top 10 programming languages
- Understanding of programming architecture, good coding design, best practices
- Proactive and able to handle assigned tasks independently
- The ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with key business partners to understand their requirements
- Proof of taking ownership in previous jobs and projects will be expected
- The ability to understand and think through abstract problems and contribute innovative development solutions
Experience that will earn you bonus points:
- Experience with NOSQL database technologies will be a plus
- Experience with AWS or other cloud storage
- Mongo, Postgres or other non-Oracle databases
- Experience with Java programming will be a plus
If you’re interested in exploring this role with us, apply today!
At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!
If you’re excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation.