Optimization Analyst at Personal Capital
About Us: Personal Capital is a leading digital wealth management company, founded in 2009. We’re on a mission to transform financial lives through technology and people, providing both insight-driven advice with free financial tools and personalized wealth management from 200+ registered financial advisors across the county. Personal Capital has raised $315 million in capital from accomplished financial and strategic investors (IVP, Venrock, Crosslink, Corsair, Blackrock, BBVA, USAA, IGM/Power) to disrupt the traditional $30 trillion U.S. wealth management market. Our free personal finance app is utilized by over two million users, helping them track over $650 billion of their personal finances, all in one place. Our award-winning apps paved the way for our advisory firm, which now manages over $11 billion in personalized investment portfolios for American families. Personal Capital is headquartered in Redwood Shores with offices in San Francisco, Denver, Dallas, and Atlanta.
For more information on Personal Capital, please visit personalcapital.com.
The Role: The ideal candidate is an expert with proven Operations experience driving operational architecture and organizational efficiency in a high growth company. The Optimization Analyst will provide strategic and operational support to the Advisory Organization. Key responsibilities include working with Management to execute on large projects as well as designing and maintaining reports, and handling select day-to-day flow of requests from all areas of the business.
• Participate in the planning and execution of new initiatives impacting Advisory
• Execute the day-to-day flow of requests from all areas of the business
• Coordinate with Marketing, Product, Technology, and Operations on projects and tests to serve existing clients and drive additional business
• Conduct the full suite of analyses to uncover insights about our processes: Cohort Analysis, Funnel Analysis, Data/User Segmentation, etc.
• Conceptualize and maintain key performance reports and dashboards alongside the Business Intelligence Team
• Design and analyze A/B tests to drive KPI improvements
• Coordinate operational needs to support special initiative new hire onboarding
• Oversee a variety of “run the business” tasks focusing on automation and efficiency to drive scale
• Must have in-depth knowledge of and passion for managing and improving Operations
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Statistics, Mathematics or related quantitative field
• Proven experience in Operations, ideally in a direct to consumer industry
• Familiarity with Salesforce required
• Familiarity with Tableau preferred, but not required
• Excellent attention to detail, organizational, and follow-up skills
• Comfort working on multiple projects simultaneously and ability to change focus quickly
• Knowledge in analysis of business process, workflow, and modeling
• Ability to take direction and work with autonomy
• Ability to work closely with Senior Management and maintain strict levels of confidentiality
• Ability to exhibit strong decision making supported by quantitative data and qualitative rationale
• Strong verbal, written, and listening skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, team-oriented, and collaborative