Operations Analyst at Angi
At HomeAdvisor, we are revolutionizing the way that every American homeowner improves and maintains their home. We do this by creating digital products and experiences to help hundreds of millions of homeowners connect with talented service professionals to get work done. We are a two-sided marketplace that is reimagining how people care for and improve their homes while also nurturing growth of independent small businesses. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is seeking a business analyst to join our dynamic Network Growth analytics team. The ideal candidate is a motivated individual with a desire to make an impact on our growing company.
About the team:
The Network Growth analytics team provides insights and helps optimize strategy by working closely with leadership across our sales, customer care, product development, and finance organizations. Our business is a two-sided marketplace of homeowners and service professionals, which makes our jobs complex and data rich. We work in a cross-functional capacity to develop, execute, monitor, and refine initiatives that drive value and quantify that value as it pertains to financial performance. Due to the multifaceted nature of our business, our team provides an excellent environment to stretch your business acumen, technical know-how and quantitative skills while providing insight to the company.
Additionally, this team will help support our Category Management team that focuses on improving the pro and consumer experience for specific home services categories. This involves surfacing metrics, providing insights and identifying opportunities that align with their category goals.
What will you do?
- Be a valuable partner to the leadership teams across different business units, providing data-driven insight and analysis.
- Work with category owners to improve P&L economics and uncover transformational opportunities
- Learn the complex HA ecosystem and be the subject matter expert on all data and objectives relating to the team you support.
- Synthesize large data sets into digestible information.
- Establish reporting and ongoing monitoring to ensure proper strategic execution.
- Pursue new approaches to solving problems with creativity and innovation.
- Develop your technical skills – particularly in SQL, Tableau, and Excel
What qualities are we looking for?
- Intellectual curiosity balanced with an orientation for getting stuff done
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical field such as Business Analytics, Engineering, Finance, Economics, etc.
- 2+ years of professional experience in a financial/business analysis role
- Advanced SQL experience and knowledge of relational databases, Tableau, and Excel
- Superior analytical, problem-structuring, and problem-solving skills; experience synthesizing data into information, and presenting concise analyses
- Strong grasp of statistics, with experience in statistical languages (R, Python, etc.) a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and willingness to quickly pivot into new tasks as needed
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $60,000-$85,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!