Operations Analyst Senior at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our Team is a team of thirteen that maintain the test environments. The team covers 24 hours Monday - Friday, and weekends if needed. The team coordinates and executes MVS test batch processing for loan, deposit, and GL applications just to name a few.
NOTE: This role may be worked remotely from anywhere in North America.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Investigates known error conditions and follows prescribed error correction procedures.• Recognizes abnormal processing conditions and determines appropriate actions required to resolve issue(s) and complete processing.• Makes use of available documentation to resolve errors.• Maintains the production scheduling system and new/improved work procedures.• When solving a mainframe production or system problem, makes effective use of tools and resources, utilizes manuals, write-ups and other tools as an aid in solving the problem. Contacts others experienced in area for ideas about problem.• Follows escalation procedures when appropriate to resolve processing problems and user problems in a timely manner and meet service levels and other standards for the job.• Coordinates testing of applications, systems, processes and procedures, hardware and/or software changes.• Analyzes and implements changes or additions to software systems and production procedures.• Trains internal customers (employees) on changes, new systems or new procedures.• May identify new tools, technology or processes that improve the overall processing environment or processing efficiency.• Assists in the definition of external and internal customer problems and needs. Discusses expectations with customers. May explain solutions directly to customers where appropriate..• Completes project assignments and special projects commensurate with job expectations.• Other related duties assigned as needed.
High school diploma or GED. Associate's or Bachelor's degree is preferable or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of client objectives and business priorities and FIS role in achieving those objectives and priorities• Knowledge of costs/benefit implications of products and services• Ability to understand real need behind client stated needs, to anticipate client future needs, to discern business opportunities in client needs and work effectively with multiple client contacts• Skill in solving client business problems• Proactively take steps to better client relationships• Ability to show concern for needs, feelings and issues of clients, to communicate that client's business is valued.
• Meet client perception of high quality/best value services and products and to ensure commitments are accomplished according to client specifications.
• Direct experience working in environments with the following:
MVS Operating Systems, TSO/ISPF, CA View, CA7,Jobscan, Fileaid, Quickref, ZEKE, ZEBB, ZARA, ZELA, AFC2, IBM utilities, FileAid, NDM Connect Direct, Mailbox, FIS Systematics application JCL/parms using the SYMJ/SYMD/TBLD/TBLJ tables (Operations specific) , COBOL, COBOL II, ASSEMBLER, CICS, EZTRIEVE, MVS/JCL, OS/MVS, ENDEVOR
• Ability to respond to client questions or needs even if outside area of responsibility• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing• Ability to establish and maintain effective and working relationships with employees, clients.
• Demonstrable operations analyst experience in banking development environments similar to those at TD Bank.
• Demonstrable Operations Analyst experience.
What we offer you
•A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
•A wide range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
•A competitive salary and benefits
•A variety of career development tools, resources, and opportunities.
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.