Mid - Senior Data Engineer - Remote at GHX
The Data Engineer III works towards understanding the key business processes and the applications that support them. Under the supervision of Senior Data Engineers, the Data Engineer III will be responsible for the development efforts toward the creation, implementation, and support of existing and next-generation software solutions. This role will also analyze, design, program, debug, and modify software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs. The Data Engineer III will interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications in an Agile/Scrum environment.Essential Duties:
- Receives and understands completed technical design. Assists with stories while working with and/or shadowing other individuals on the team.
- Maintains code, bug fixes, and writes code under the team's supervision.
- Develops ETL using SQL and stored procedures. Follows best practices.
- Creates tables, views, and other database objects using good design principles.
- Documents code and data models using standard modeling methodologies.
- May identify and raise issues to manager's attention.
- Interacts directly and works closely with team members. Participates in all team meetings and ceremonies.
- Applies AGILE concepts and works collaboratively and closely with QA in an Agile/Scrum environment.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Optimizes queries and procedures.
- Assists team in debugging and resolving issues.
- Technical writing in relevant areas including wikis, reports, and presentations.
- Displays an ability to learn rapidly and adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Team player, contributes to team objectives, displays trust and mutual understanding, accepts constructive feedback, and handles confrontation constructively.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 4+ years prior development experience preferred.
- SQL development
- Stored procedure development
- Experience with Data Normalization
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Oracle, Postgres and/or Redshift experience
- Data modeling
- AWS knowledge
- Data warehouse knowledge
Estimated Salary range for this position: $90,825 - $127,050The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the GHX's salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role. The base salary is one component of GHX's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards and benefits include: health, vision, and dental insurance, accident and life insurance, 401k matching, paid-time off, and education reimbursement, to name a few. To view more details of our benefits, visit us here: https://www.ghx.com/about/careers/ GHX: It's the way you do business in healthcareGlobal Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes.GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe - who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce – not shift – the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 1000 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Louisville, Colorado, just outside of Denver, with additional offices in Europe, Chicago, Illinois, and Omaha, Nebraska.Disclaimer:GHX provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. GHX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.GHX expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of GHX's employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated. #LI-Remote #LI-Hybrid #LI-BB