Mid - Senior Data Engineer - Remote at GHX
| Greater Boulder Area | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:54 a.m. (MST) on Tuesday, March 8, 2022
The Data Engineer III works towards understanding the key business processes and the applications that support them. Under the supervision of Senior Data Engineers, the Data Engineer III will be responsible for the development efforts toward the creation, implementation, and support of existing and next-generation software solutions. This role will also analyze, design, program, debug, and modify software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs. The Data Engineer III will interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications in an Agile/Scrum environment.Essential Duties:
- Receives and understands completed technical design. Assists with stories while working with and/or shadowing other individuals on the team.
- Maintains code, bug fixes, and writes code under the team's supervision.
- Develops ETL using SQL and stored procedures. Follows best practices.
- Creates tables, views, and other database objects using good design principles.
- Documents code and data models using standard modeling methodologies.
- May identify and raise issues to manager's attention.
- Interacts directly and works closely with team members. Participates in all team meetings and ceremonies.
- Applies AGILE concepts and works collaboratively and closely with QA in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Optimizes queries and procedures.
- Assists team in debugging and resolving issues.
- Technical writing in relevant areas including wikis, reports, and presentations.
- Displays an ability to learn rapidly and adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Team player, contributes to team objectives, displays trust and mutual understanding, accepts constructive feedback, and handles confrontation constructively.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 4+ years prior development experience preferred.
- SQL development
- Stored procedure development
- Experience with Data Normalization
- Oracle, Postgres and/or Redshift experience
- Data modeling
- AWS knowledge
- Data warehouse knowledge
Read Full Job Description