Merchant Fraud Business Intelligence Analyst at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Business Administration
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the role
Conduct various types of research and analysis to support business operations of an internal business segment, division, group or line of business. Assist management in resolving business issues in an effective and productive manner. Design, document and re-engineer business processes and publish business metrics results.
What you will be doing
- Extract and analyze data to identify high risk scenarios and make recommendations to remediate fraud risk
- Performs analyses of the business goals, objectives and needs of the general business environment for appropriate FIS segment, division, group or line of business.
- Performs research and analysis to support clients, business operations and presents findings to manager or project leader.
- Plans and designs business processes and make recommendations and changes in order to improve and support business systems and activities and/or to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency.
- Utilizes systems and data to resolve business issues in the most effective and productive manner.
- Identifies and implements best practices and suggests how to improve current practices.
- Calculates/estimates costs and benefits of alternative actions or solutions to establish their viability/return on investment.
- Develops recommendations to solve problems and issues related to business operations.
- Analyzes and documents business processes and metrics and identifies improvement opportunities.
- May train internal employees on changes to business practices, processes or procedures.
- May perform special projects upon request and on occasion.
- May provide coaching and/or guidance to less experienced Business Analysts.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, computer science, mathematics or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Knowledge of FIS’ products and services
- Knowledge of the business goals, objectives and business operations for the appropriate FIS organization
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Knowledge of basic financial analysis principles and ratios
- Proficiency in standard office software, such as MS Office, Visio, MS Access, Power BI etc.
- Proficiency in SQL
- Proficiency in industry-standard process methodologies, e.g., Six Sigma, LEAN, ISO, CMM, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Willingly shares relevant knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team, customer service, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
What we offer you
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Developing level role. Moderate skills with high level of proficiency. Develops and implements solutions that require analysis and research. Works on small to large, complex projects that require increased skill in business analysis, process modeling, and financial analysis. Possesses solid knowledge in a specific business area. Works on one or more projects as a team member or occasionally as a project lead. May coach and direct the work of junior business analysts. Works under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment with broad implication to the business. May consult with senior peers on certain projects. Typically requires four or more years business analysis experience.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.