Merchandising/Planning Analyst, Denver
Merchandising/Planning Analyst - Brilliant Earth, Denver
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Newsweek, Glamour, the Today Show, and Martha Stewart among many other media outlets. We are a team of dedicated individuals with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are collaborative, hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our open workspace in the heart of Cherry Creek encourages conversation and collaboration. From cross-departmental meetings to frequent happy hours, Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow. For more insight into our work environment and culture, and to hear from our employees, check out our profile on the Muse!
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
We are seeking a bright, motivated Merchandising/Planning Analyst to support our merchandising and inventory planning teams in setting and implementing the strategic direction of our product and category lines. This role focuses on analysis of category performance, pricing, productivity, sell through and inventory levels, as well as providing support to the merchandising and inventory planning teams on action item execution and ad hoc projects. These teams are dedicated to cultivating a joyful and luxurious consumer brand, with an emphasis on an exceptional customer experience.
Key responsibilities include:
- Run weekly and monthly reporting to evaluate product and category performance, including growth, mix and profitability.
- Support management of pricing optimization models and algorithms. Run recurring analyses to evaluate pricing and margins and support decision-making process around price optimization.
- Run monthly analyses for forecasting and open-to-buy reporting to determine inventory levels and targets and to support buying efforts.
- Monitor inventory levels and out of stocks, and coordinate with inventory / buying teams to adjust targets and address issues.
- Support forecasting and performance monitoring for promotions.
- Coordinate with operations team to place purchase orders and confirm delivery dates.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams, including production, operations, marketing, and site merchandising, to implement action plans.
Specific qualifications include:
- BA degree or equivalent
- 2+ years of analytical experience or merchandising experience in a consumer-based retail environment.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and comfortable building analytical models
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Extremely detail oriented
- Strong ability to work individually and as a team player to execute projects
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Highly organized with focus on owning a project through all stages of execution
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible environment
- Entrepreneurial attitude/self-starter
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
Brilliant Earth is committed to the principles of Equal Employment. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws.