Material Control Analyst II at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Material Control Analyst II
Primary duty will be to manage Compliance activities around Material Procurement according to the FAR. Manage Compliance per government regulation and support auditing of Program and company procurements according to regulations and company standards. Understand and can manage the planning and execution of the Material Baseline for a program or product center, including Manufacturing Product Structures, quantities, build schedules and program charge numbers. Has primary coordination for government audits and compliance data analysis.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage Compliance Data Analysis and material compliance activities across the company, including all Colorado campuses.
- Develop effective organizational relationships with other organizations across the company including Supply Management, IT, Contracts, Asset Management, Engineering and Finance.
- Develop effective program relationships, with agreed upon expectations and roles with the key program and personnel supporting the programs and business areas that they support.
- Provide Training and Customer Service support to Manufacturing personnel on Manufacturing Systems and Compliance responsibilities.
- Provide System triage to user problems that may be impacting our production, assist with ITS Service Now requests and follow up to assure effective solutions.
- Provide leadership in advising and auditing the Material Baseline for Planning and Execution for active programs programs/areas, with particular focus on Customer Service, Problem-solving, and Compliance.
- Proactively communicate and manage compliance exceptions or anomalies. This includes mitigating additional risks to the program associated with program execution including non-conformances and compliance findings.
- Execute the technical tasks assigned to a MRPA, including: Work Breakdown Structure(WBS) and communication, product structure hierarchy, quality plan information regarding procurements, parts engineering requirements, additional requirements planning and material plans, maturity of product structures and making parts executable, and effectively understand and utilize manufacturing tools and interfaces designed to facilitate material flow and approval.
- Develop solutions to a variety of complex problems. May refer to established precedents and policies.
- Interface well with other people at all levels and from diverse areas, use initiative in applying solutions to assignments, contribute to large teams and show leadership to less experienced people.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Makes presentations and may lead group discussions.
- Represent organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interact with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 6 or more years of related experience is required.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience in manufacturing or materials planning, particularly in electronics.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $71,500 - $97,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.