At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Clearance Requirement: A current, active Secret security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Material Control Analyst II
The Material Control Analyst (MCA) manages the planning and execution of the Bill of Material (BOM) and the tactical management of the MRP system for their given program and/or product center. The MCA represents Supply Chain and ensures a strong link within and between various engineering, manufacturing & supply chain functions in support of a given program. Material Control Analysts drive compliance requirements through documentation and validation of system output relative to program needs and requirements. The scope of this role begins with engineering identification of the need and ends when all material is positioned and ready for use by internal programs.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop effective program relationships, with agreed upon expectations and roles with the key program and personnel supporting the programs and business areas that they support.
- Provide leadership in managing the Material Baseline for Planning and Execution for their programs/areas, with particular focus on Material Visibility, Program Schedule, & Compliance.
- Proactive communication and management of exceptions or anomalies. This may include working part substitutions, managing planning breaks, mitigating additional risks to the program associated with program execution including non-conformances.
- Execute the technical tasks assigned to a Material Control Analyst, including: Setting Demand within the required Work breakdown structure (WBS) and communicating with Project Controls Analysts; Product Structure hierarchy, Quality Plan information regarding procurements, Parts Engineering requirements, Additional requirements planning and Material Plans, maturity of Product Structures and making parts executable, and effectively understand and utilize Manufacturing tools and interfaces designed to facilitate material flow and approval.
- Provide visibility and analysis for material procurements and production schedule to program staff.
- May be a resource to new business proposal activity by estimating material costs for proposals and providing estimates of remaining material costs to existing programs.
- Identify and mitigate program risks as they pertain to material requirements.
- Drive data-based decision making.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 6 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current, active Secret security clearance is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and MS Project).
- Subject matter expertise on Material Requirements Planning (MRP), and ability to teach, troubleshoot, and recommend solutions to the organization.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience managing multiple projects from inception to completion.
- Ability to adhere to both internal and external compliance regulations.
- Experience working in the Aerospace & Defense industry preferred.
- Extensive experience managing material, exceptions, providing guidance, and solutions to program management preferred.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $73,500 - $99,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.