Material Control Analyst I at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Material Control Analyst I
The Material Control Analyst (MCA) manages the planning and execution of the Bill of Material (BOM) and the tactical management of the MRP system for their given program and/or product center. The MCA represents Supply Chain and ensures a strong link within and between various engineering, manufacturing & supply chain functions in support of a given program. Material Control Analysts drive compliance requirements through documentation and validation of system output relative to program needs and requirements. The scope of this role begins with engineering identification of the need and ends when all material is positioned and ready for use by internal programs.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for materials readiness, availability, budget, and visibility for their assigned Program or Mission Area.
- Develops effective program relationships, with agreed upon expectations and roles with the key program and personnel supporting the programs and business areas that they support.
- Tactical Management of the Material Resource Planning (MRP) System.
- Proactive communication and management of exceptions or anomalies. This may include working part substitutions, managing planning breaks, mitigating additional risks to the program associated with program execution including non-conformances.
- Develop and lead proposal activities for all material of a given program including coordination of the Bill of Materials (BOM), facilitation of material pricing, and Supply chain Labor inputs into the Basis of Estimate (BOE).
- Identify and mitigate program risks as they pertain to material requirements.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 4 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $60,500 - $82,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.