Material Control Analyst I at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 should it be reinstated.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Material Control Analyst I
The Material Control Analyst (MCA) is the acknowledged supply chain expert on materials management for a set of programs/mission area.
This person, as the main focal point for material execution, reports directly to the Supply Chain Program Lead. You will represent supply chain and ensure a strong link between various supply chain functions, including planning, buying, quality, inventory management and logistics. You will drive compliance requirements through documentation and validation of system output relative to program needs and requirements.
The scope of this role begins with identification of material needs at program kickoff and ends when all material is positioned and ready for use by the programs.
What You’ll Do:
- Execute, monitor, and maintain changes to the manufacturing product structure in the MRP system.
- Analyze lead times and identify critical path procurements.
- Identify and mitigate program risks as they pertain to material requirements.
- Document Make/Buy decisions in the tool.
- Drive data-based decision making.
- Partner with key program stakeholders and develop strong program relationships to encourage accountability.
- Collaborate with supply chain functions for support as needed.
- Provide leadership in managing the Material Baseline, with particular focus on:
- Material availability
- Program schedule
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 4 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and MS Project).
- Experience in Supply Chain fundamentals.
- Adherence to both internal and external compliance regulations.
- Experience working in the Aerospace & Defense industry preferred.
- Ability to analyze complex data, determine trends, and provide guidance preferred.
- Ability to make independent decisions, be self-motivated, possess excellent communication skills, detail-oriented, and team player.
Flexible On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site for three or more days per work week. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $60,500 - 82,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.