Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Develop production plans and inventory strategies for beverage packaging products across a manufacturing network that encompasses North and Central America.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Responsible for development of master production schedules for multiple plants across the Beverage Packaging North and Central America network. The master production schedules will ensure maximum manufacturing efficiencies as well as optimal inventory levels while enabling delivery to customer requirements.
- Directs distribution of inventory throughout the network to ensure inventory is available to meet customer delivery requirements.
- Works with management and inventory planners to develop safety stock and inventory strategies for assigned products.
- Works with management to enhance business processes and identify opportunities to improve operational efficiencies. Develops and implements continuous improvement practices and LEAN management methodologies across our production planning and scheduling processes.
- Coordinate across the supply network in lead-time-reduction activities to achieve the projected planned schedule requirements, and support industry best-in-class production lead time.
- Identify deviations from established plans, and develop recovery plans.
- Monitor S&OP plans to ensure alignment with the master production schedule.
- Communicate master production schedules with manufacturing & plant management.
- Measure, analyzes and reports key process metrics. Monitors adherence to key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Develop, monitor and communicate reports on inventory and process execution to business unit and supply chain organizations, while driving continuous improvement.
- Maintains business data to support production planning, inventory reporting and manufacturing systems.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 5 years minimum
- Working knowledge of the following areas: JD Edwards, Oracle Value Chain Planning, APICS Production and Inventory planning methodologies, Microsoft Office
Demonstrate Ball Leadership Behaviors:
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness: Uses a combination of feedback and self-reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
- Instils Trust: Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
- Interpersonal Intelligence: Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Demonstrated Results: Consistently achieves results even under tough circumstances
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 68,000 - $101,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans