Marketing Analytics Business Analyst at FIS
doing Business Systems Analyst
As the world works and lives faster, FIS is leading the way. Our fintech solutions touch nearly every market, company and person on the planet. Our teams are inclusive and diverse. Our colleagues work together and celebrate together. If you want to advance the world of fintech, we'd like to ask you: Are you FIS?
About the role:
You will be responsible for providing best-in-breed analysis tools and insights on client needs and motivations to our Marketing and business stakeholders. You will work closely with our visualizations experts to give them access to data and solutions that power their tools. You will also function as major contributor in the implementation of our marketing data strategy roadmap and pursuit of our of our modern data architecture.
About the team:
The Marketing Analytics team delivers enterprise-wide analytics products (datasets, models, reports, dashboards) to our internal customers across Marketing, Sales and Client Engagement. Join us in building out our Data Platform that will directly impact the operations and decisions for our stakeholders, ranging individual contributors to senior management. Satisfy your curiosity and desire to learn while applying your technical acumen to building analytic data products that will help articulate and answer business questions that matter.
What you will be doing:
You will contribute to all delivery aspects of our analytics products:
- Analyzing large and complex datasets and proposing data modelling/transformation to answer business questions.
- Contributing to the development and support of data flows/pipelines in our Marketing Data Platform
- End-to-end ownership of business requirements, working with visualization developers and internal clients to understand and document business requirements, create technical requirements and work with back-end developers to ensure details are well understood and executed properly
- Overseeing UAT processes and conducting tests to ensure changes made by programmers are correct
- Provide data engineering support for our visualization developers, power users and other internal clients
- Participate in analysis and designs sessions with visualization developers and provide expertise and guidance to technology teams.
- Ensure our development stories are development ready by contributing with relevant technical details (test cases, constraints, necessary references).
- Identifying strategies as well as improvement opportunities while also reengineering processes for greater efficiency both within the team and across the Marketing technology platform (raising new opportunities for data capture or data integration to improve business processes)
What you will need (Must have skills)
- An understanding of end-to-end systems development life cycles.
- A bachelor's in computer science or information systems or equivalent experience
- Exposure to cloud technology, data warehousing and relational database design
- Advanced data management and data wrangling expertise that includes SSIS development, solid SQL skills and a good understanding of the intricacies of building data flows/pipelines. A very strong grasp of SQL and data management through relational databases is a must have.
- Ability to analyze source data systems to identify and document complex data mapping, business rule analysis, functional and non-functional requirements.
- Ability to contribute in Marketing Data Platform governance and data management efforts.
- Exposure and experience with business intelligence/visualization tools (Tableau, PowerBI) and integration aspects to various data sources. Strong Tableau development skills is a must have.
- Programming experience in SQL
Added bonus if you have:
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Experience doing Marketing analytics/data modeling
- Experience with Marketing technology stack (Marketo, Google Analytics, Sprinklr etc)
- Other programming language experience, Python, Regex expressions etc
- Microsoft Azure experience (Data Factory, Data Bricks, SQL, Synapse)
- Familiarity with working in the Agile/SCRUM framework (JIRA experience)
- CRM / ERP experience (Dynamics, Salesforce)
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.