Market Research Field Manager at GutCheck
At GutCheck, we pioneered agile market research to provide our clients with actionable answers and insights, globally, at the speed of their business. We believe in the power of consumer research, and we are dedicated to providing best-in-class solutions. By challenging the status quo to get to something better, we are continually evaluating new, innovative ways to take tried-and-true methods and make them more agile to best support our clients, helping them think smarter and act faster.
About the role
Due to growth of our research team, GutCheck is seeking an energetic and dynamic individual to join our research project management team. This team is critical to the success of our research and is growing to handle the recruitment needs for our studies around the world. In this role, you will manage all aspects of participant recruitment for research projects. This would include managing project recruiting budgets, communicating field recruitment updates, and managing vendor relationships. You will coordinate the day-to-day activities for multiple projects simultaneously and will be responsible for effectively handling issues relating to recruiting and vendor management.
What You’ll Do
- Tee It Up! Live by and champion our cultural values of Team, Educated Opinion, Economic Thinking, Intellectual Honesty, and Trust
- Manage the recruitment and logistical support for participants of qualitative and quantitative research projects
- Support ongoing respondent quality control.
- Provide technical support to qualitative respondents on an as-needed basis.
- Coordinate research fieldwork
- Execute multiple, fast-paced international and domestic projects from project launch through data review and delivery, including online sampling, and proactively managing project resources to ensure all quotas are met on time and within budget.
- Perform data quality reviews for qualitative studies that are typically 2-3 days in length.
- Manage project budgets for fieldwork effectively to ensure profitability
- Flag any issues that may impact the timeline or budget.
- Collect themes across projects to make recommendations for ongoing process improvements that support long-term efficiency and profitability gains.
- Partner with sourcing manager to identify/resolve any thematic issues with vendors and panel providers.
- Provide product and technical Support
- Maintain an expert knowledge of GutCheck products and services to train and mentor more junior team members and proactively participate in GutCheck’s product development process to bring forward opinions on potential improvements
- Proactively impact research or company-wide processes especially as they relate to automation and standardization; promotes innovation to maintain our edge as a market leader
- We’re an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn’t meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you’ll do
- 2-5 years relevant experience and/or education
- Detail-oriented and process-driven while still seeing the big picture
- Efficient; organized; knows how to get stuff done
- Team player with strong interpersonal, communication, coaching/mentoring skills
- An effective and creative problem solver
- Must thrive in a lean, hands-on, and fast-paced environment.
- A motivated learner, who is willing to stay up to date with the latest research methodologies and skills.
- Ability to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners.
- Ability to present information in an action-oriented way to individuals, small groups, leadership, and peers.
- International research experience or 2nd language spoken
- Big data experience
- 4+ years vendor management experience
- 4+ years experience in a customer support role
GutCheck is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.