Manager, Strategy & Analytics at Angi
Angi® is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for homeowners, service professions and employees to feel right at “home.” For most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a qualified service professional for most indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations (or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing place to build your dream career, join us—we cannot wait to welcome you home!
About the role:
Angi is seeking a strong Manager to join the Category Management team. This team seeks to develop targeted strategies, tailored solutions, and optimized operations to address the unique needs of the Homeowners and Service Professionals that we serve – all in the belief that this is necessary to unlock and further accelerate the company’s growth. This is a unique opportunity to work on Angi’s highest growth revenue initiatives, from early testing through scaling.
Our business is a two-sided marketplace of homeowners and service professionals. This makes our analytic opportunities complex and rich. We work daily with product, operations, BI, and other departments across the organization to develop, refine, and monitor results of initiatives designed to drive outsized value. Due to the multifaceted nature of our business, our team provides an excellent environment to combine and apply your business acumen, technical knowledge and quantitative skills to drive insights and actions.
You will be responsible for driving impact through exploratory analyses, launching and managing new initiatives / tests, KPI development and report/dashboard construction for the Outdoor team.
What you'll do:
- Provide data-driven insights and analyses for the Category Management team and category-related initiatives across the organization
- Partner with our product, sales, and marketing teams to model strategies for new products/promotions/initiatives and provide insights to help shape roadmaps and develop test ideas
- Collaborate across operations and various analytics teams developing exploratory models that uncover marketplace dynamics, consumer and service professional behavior insights and levers to affect each
- Synthesize large data sets into digestible information and actionable recommendations
- Pursue new approaches to solving problems with creativity and innovation
- Develop your technical skills – particularly in SQL, Adobe Analytics, and Looker
- Learn the complex Angi ecosystem and be the subject matter expert on Outdoor data
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical field such as Business Analytics, Engineering, Finance, Economics, etc.
- 2-5 years of professional experience in a strategy or consulting role with multiple analytically-focused projects, or similar
- Superior analytical, story-telling, and problem-solving skills; experience synthesizing data into information and presenting concise analyses
- Basic SQL experience; Looker or Adobe Analytics experience a plus
- Humble and effective cross-functional team player
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Intellectual curiosity balanced with an orientation for getting stuff done
- Ability to validate results of analyses by reconciling with data from other sources
- Attention to detail, a sense of urgency, and relentless follow through
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $90,000-$125,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world