Manager, Decision Science - CPG at Ibotta
Ibotta is looking for a Manager, Decision Science to lead a team of analysts and deliver innovative solutions to drive business value and growth for our CPG business. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of developing, motivating and inspiring analytics talent and have experience leveraging big data for building out new and innovative analytical capabilities. You will also be responsible for working closely with cross-functional leaders to define and execute on our CPG business objectives.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work daily with our Client Partnership / Client Success teams to define the strategy and roadmap for delivering impactful analyses for external clients while driving internal projects to assist in expanding the CPG vertical
- Regularly communicate with external clients to understand their business goals, present analytical results, insights and recommendations and help them determine how Ibotta can be best leveraged in their organization
- Manage day-to-day development & delivery of all CPG requests
- Lead and develop a team of analysts who focus on building the CPG vertical
- Establish automated processes to scale the business
- Research industry trends and standards to stay abreast of new developments
What we’re looking for (Required):
- 5+ years of experience in data mining, analytics, predictive modeling, machine learning, etc.
- Experience hiring, leading and developing analytics talent
- Knowledge of SQL and proven data wrangling skills
- Experience leveraging big data to build predictive models using modern data analysis tools (Python, R, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to convey complex analytical results in a clear, concise manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the proven ability to collaborate across functional areas to establish priorities and drive towards common goals
What we’re looking for (Preferred):
- Experience with AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices, etc.
- Knowledge around distributed big-data tools (Spark, Hive, Presto, etc.)
- CPG knowledge and experience in mobile a plus
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $500 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, Flexible Time Off and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.