Manager, Decision and Data Science at Guild Education
Guild is hiring a Manager, Decision and Data Science. As the Manager, Decision and Data Science you will partner with our leaders across the business and lead a team of data and decision scientists to improve our students’ Guild experience.
As Manager, Decision and Data Science), you will:
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization to identify opportunities to use analytical solutions to drive improved outcomes in the Enrollment space.
- Manage large-scale projects and prioritize the team’s workload to ensure effective delivery and implementation of projects and solutions which drive our strategies forward.
- Work closely with Operations, Product, and Marketing leadership to translate business needs and problems into analyses. This could include uncovering a problem, identifying data sources to quantify the problem, synthesizing findings and solutions, analyzing the business case and tradeoffs, and managing the implementation of recommendations.
- Develop frameworks, approaches, solutions and recommendations that effectively and efficiently address the most impactful opportunities and challenges for our partner teams.
- Lead a world-class team of analysts who are responsive to our business partners’ needs, and are capable of working with data, performing complex analyses, and developing recommendations and strategies which drive our business forward.
- Use data to tell a story, effectively explaining analytical findings and technical solutions to business partners.
- Act as a thought partner to data and decision scientists, helping to formulate analytical plans, prioritize initiatives, and operationalize the results of learnings from complex analyses, including A/B testing, NLP, segmentation, and other predictive models.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 7+ years of experience in an analytics/data science environment
- Experience leading large-scale projects and/or managing the work of a team, including roadmap definition and delivery of project work.
- Strong technical and analytical skills, with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong experience with SQL, as well as Excel/Google Sheets, BI Tools (Looker a plus)
- Ability to work cross-functionally to advocate for data science solutions, develop roadmaps, and ensure effective prioritization of analytical resources.
- Extreme comfort presenting to and interacting with senior leaders, with the ability to win over strong personalities and reconcile competing points of view through data-driven storytelling
- Familiarity with analytics in a B2B sales or CRM environment
- Experience managing high-performing technical and analytical teams
- Proven business experience with a scripting language like Python or R
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $140,000 - $170,000 as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth