CircleCI is seeking a Manager, Data Science and Analytics to lead our data team. In this role, you will help our product organization and teams understand their customer better through insights and analytics. You will build a team that delivers impactful insights through storytelling in a hyperscale environment.About the Data Science and Analytics (DSA) team
You'll lead data scientists and data analysts passionate about improving our product experience! We are part of the Product organization. You report to the team's director.What you’ll do:
- Grow analytics talent: Manage four to eight data analysts and data scientists. Support their growth with one-on-ones, feedback, assessments, development plans, mentoring, and removing blockers. Build a team through a talent roadmap, a collaborative culture, clear goals, and metrics. Recruit, hire, onboard, and train new team members.
- Collaborate with Product: Partner with product leaders and product managers. Ensure your team collaborates well with Product and contributes to Product outcomes.
- Build an analytics practice: Improve processes to scope work, conduct analyses, and share insights. Procure the right tooling. Collaborate with supporting functions, like data engineering and business intelligence. Refine our data architecture, governance, documentation, and security practices. Celebrate incremental wins!
- Management experience: At least one year of managing four or more direct, full-time reports.
- Analytics experience: Five or more years in analytics, data science, BI, reporting, or a related domain. Ideally, you’ve spent time at high-growth businesses with well-defined, product-enabled funnels and sophisticated customer flows.
- Leadership: A servant leader and a strong collaborator. You enjoy helping developing people. You effectively use soft authority.
- Communication: You’re an excellent communicator. On our teams, we strive to give phenomenal feedback and have difficult conversations. We are open to being wrong and changing our minds.
- Process Focused: On our teams, we are comfortable with ambiguity, and we try to add just enough structure and process.
- Proficient with analytics tools: You’re not expected to write or review code on a regular basis. Still, you are able to use: SQL, Python/Pandas/Jupyter, basic statistics, basic ML, an analytics platform (e.g., Looker), an events platform (e.g., Amplitude), and an A/B testing tool (e.g., Optimizely).
- Technical education: You have a bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative field (e.g., Analytics, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Finance, or Statistics). A similar Master’s degree is a bonus.
You can work remotely anywhere in North America. You also have the option to work out of our San Francisco, Denver, Boston, or Toronto offices, once they reopen. CircleCI is a distributed company with team members across 50+ cities and 13 countries.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than one million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Base10, Greenspring Associates, Eleven Prime, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Baseline Ventures, Threshold Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, Owl Rock Capital, Next Equity Partners, Heavybit and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
Colorado Salary Range: $121,000 - $142,500/yr
Level: Mid-Senior Level