Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum. Zayo group is seeking a talented individual to help us drive forward our advanced analytics and data science team. We are seeking someone who knows that only teams win, who loves to mentor, collaborate, learn and grow. The right candidate will act and lead with grace, be technical, a thought leader, a great business partner and have a strong desire to contribute to Zayo’s mission through data science.
- Challenge and support the technical and professional development of data scientists into tenured experts who can manage and deliver projects and line-of-business services end-to-end.
- Partner with Data Engineering/Warehouse team to transform and prepare data for model development, deployment, and decisioning.
- Influence, motivate, and continuously improve the quality and richness in the analytics-driven insights and performance of data science professionals
- Partner with business leaders to provide analytical and technical thought leadership for strategic initiatives. Define roadmaps for the team and support key business priorities.
- Research and work with technical teams to identify and implement new and emerging technologies that will extend our analytics capabilities and/or facilitate better data integrity, reliability, and enrichment for quantitative solutions.
- Create programs and community relationships to foster the culture of data and analytical thinking at Zayo.
- Establish best practices for data science workflows including adhoc analysis, review/test/revise cycles, and model deployment into production environment.
- Build on a team environment culture that enables data scientists to perform at their best.
- Two or more years managing a team of Data Scientists.
- Experience proposing rapid experiments to test the effect of new strategies or initiatives, and iterate quickly.
- Direct involvement with deploying data science models into production data environments.
- Three or more years of Data Science project experience in Enterprise setting in building predictive models, defining variables, variable selection, and measuring model quality. Inclusive of extensive use of methods like: regression, decision trees , random forests, GBMs, Bayesian methods, neural networks/deep learning, support vector machines, recommendation engines, NLP, Business Process Mining or HMM.
- Experience with common data science technologies/languages, namely SQL, Python, or R, as well as familiarity with conventional code and programming concepts.
- Experience and communicating the results of analyses to leadership teams to influence the vision and roadmap of the company.
- Curious and creative. Stays current on emerging trends and technology.
- Understands analytics project management. Able to organize, coordinate, and define project milestones and deliverables.
- Able to manage a diverse team of individuals to deliver against a development plan and timelines.
- Excellent visualization and storytelling skills. Able to present to technical and non-technical business partners and executives at all levels. Able to coach and develop analysts’ abilities to do the same.
Base salary range: $98,700-$135,000
Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time