Manager, Data Engineering at Healthgrades
Healthgrades is focused on providing trusted information that helps consumers and providers make meaningful connections. As a Manager, Data Engineering you will join the team responsible for the data platform at the heart of our efforts to bring patients, doctors, hospitals, and other partners together. In your role, you will be supporting a Data Platform that is changing the game.
You will collaborate with multi-functional database and product development teams using Agile / Scrum / Kanban, Linux, Oracle, AWS, Netezza, Greenplum, Snowflake, Mulesoft, DataBricks and Open Source technology. If you are interested in growing your expertise in data technologies while innovating our engineering capabilities, this will be a great opportunity for you.
What You Will Do:
- Guide and mentor delivery teams in all aspects of Product Operations and Support
- Capable of resolving complex issues/problems utilizing comprehensive understanding of product support methodologies
- Oversee the maintenance of automated ETL processes with special focus on data flow, error recovery, and exception handling and reporting
- Oversee the Loading, processing and migration of incoming data feeds and creation of outgoing data extracts
- Manage the team responsible for maintaining and supporting all of the databases for the data platforms
- Develop and recommend short- and long-range objectives, consistent with organizational strategy
- Create and maintain documentation to support developed applications
- Oversee day-to-day operational matters, provide training and supervise performance related to company and individual OKRs (objectives & key results)
- Support and lead new product introduction/support activities
- Identify and implement process improvements based on project results, client feedback, and new technologies by driving continuous improvement through deployment of best practices
- Communicate project plans, status updates, issues, achievements, risks, and results to all partners
What You Will Bring:
- Previous experience in a lead or management role with direct reports
- Proficiency with database technologies, programming languages, Agile methodologies, and project management tools
- Working Knowledge of Relational Databases, Linux operating system and programming concepts and methodologies
- Good collaboration and idea sharing in team environment
- Leading technical analysis and integration activities for new, external source data
- Experience with Talend, Python, AWS, API development, Snowflake, Mulesoft, Databricks or HL7 interfaces to ingest and transform data
At Healthgrades, we recognize that our people drive our greatest achievements. We are passionate about maintaining a fulfilling, rewarding and high-energy work environment while setting the stage for your continued success.
- Meaningful Work – empowering consumers with data to make the right healthcare decisions for themselves and their families
- Changing the Game – dynamic culture with career advancement opportunities
- Community Builders – partners of local charity organizations, Go-Green efforts and wellness initiatives
- Robust Perks – generous PTO, inclusive healthcare, learning & development programs, 401k contributions, tuition repayment, family planning resources & more!