Machine Learning Scientist
Recently acquired by Amazon Robotics, Canvas Technology is using spatial AI to provide end-to-end autonomous delivery of goods. By using state-of-the-art cameras and other sensors, the system perceives its surroundings with unrivaled vision and fidelity. The system combines a mix of high-performance sensors with simultaneous localization and mapping software that builds and continuously updates maps in real-time, completely automatically. It has the capability to ‘see’ and identify different objects, people, vehicles, and places as it moves and react to moving people and vehicles in an intelligent way.
Work with a world-class team and help develop one of the most advanced 3D computer vision systems in the world. You'll be a key contributor to our top-tier computer vision team, have a huge impact in a developing sector and see your research come to life building indoor and outdoor autonomous vehicles.
Develop machine learning algorithms for object detection, pose estimation and gesture recognition. Our robots have run thousands of miles in factories and warehouses providing large amounts of data used for training and validation. Real-time performance is essential so your solutions will need to balance performance and efficiency. You will work closely with the computer vision team, delivering state-of-the-art solutions for a wide variety of real-world applications.
· Proven experience in computer vision and deep learning.
· Strong mathematics skills.
· Familiarity with DL frameworks (caffe, tensorflow, torch, keras)
· C++ programming skills including debugging, performance analysis,and test design.
· Pursuing a PhD, with a focus on machine learning.
· GPU programming experience (CUDA/OpenCL).
· Familiarity with mathematical optimization in the context of deep learning.
· Experience with image-space algorithms such as segmentation, optical flow, scene flow, and image decomposition.
· Publications in robotics and computer vision conferences and journals.
· Familiarity with recent machine learning tools and algorithms applied to computer vision problems.
#canvas #canvastech #canvastechnology