Machine Learning Scientist, NLP at Zoom Video Communications
You will be the key player in a talented machine learning and NLP team to:
- Develop the best suitable ML and NLP models or algorithms for various Zoom products such as task-oriented dialogue systems, Zoom meeting/phone/chat intelligence products;
- Research and investigate the latest technologies, then create and customize ML/DL models for conversation AI, information extraction, classification, sentiment analysis, text segmentation, topic modeling etc;
- Collaborate with various teams including offshore teams, exchange ideas, communicating requirements, providing technical guidance, code review. Participate in production integration and deployment, and result evaluation.
- Ph.D in NLP, NLU, Machine Learning, Computer Science or a related technical field;
- Experience in conversation AI and task-oriented dialogue systems;
- Expertise knowledge in NLP such as text classification, sentiment analysis, topic modeling, text summarization, ranking, text similarity, tokenization, word/sentence/doc embedding, NER, POS (Part-Of-Speech) tagging and parsing, intent detection, slot filler, dialog flow, KB graph, etc;
- Ability to understand the latest research paper in ML/DL/NLP, reproduce published result, build and customize the model for specific use cases;
- Hands-on experience in text pre-processing and normalization techniques, such as tokenization, word embedding, NER, POS (Part-Of-Speech) tagging and parsing and how they work at a low level;
- Expertise in machine learning, deep Learning (CNN, LSTM, XLNet, GPT, BERT or other transformer based models), meta learning, few shot learning, transfer learning etc;
- Hands-on experience on developing and training models with large-scale text data;
- Experience with open-source ML / DL / NLP toolkits such as TensorFlow, Caffe, PyTorch, CoreNLP, OpenNLP, StanfordNLP, SpaCy, AllenNLP, NLTK, gensim, etc .
- Prefer candidates with publications in top-tier venues such as ACL, EMNLP, NAACL, NeurIPS, ICLR, ICML etc;
- Experience in frontier topics such as meta-learning, multimodal learning, multilingual models, reinforcement learning is highly desirable;
- Industry experience in machine learning applications in production is preferred;
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail. Strong mastery of Python or other programming languages, and general software development skills (source code management, debugging, testing, deployment, etc.);
- Mastery in English language. Deep understanding of English linguistics;
- Mastery in one or more non-English languages.
Have experience in most but not all of these areas? We'd still love to hear from you! Please apply and we'll get back to you if there's a fit.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram