Machine Learning Operations Engineer at Invitae
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Invitae needs engineers with a diverse set of backgrounds to enable us achieve our mission. We are a cross-functional team of scientific domain experts and dedicated, curious engineers. We build systems that take massive amounts of genomic data, combine it with scientific literature, add to it years of rigorously curated results, and package it all neatly for our scientists to consume. It’s a lot of information. As the data gets bigger, our systems need to get better and faster. That’s where you come in.
This role is with our new Ciitizen team. Ciitizen is a health technology platform that enables patients with cancer and rare neurologic disorders to collect, digitize, and share their health information. We are looking for an experienced and motivated engineer to join our Data Science team as the lead ML Ops Engineer. In this role, you will focus on designing and developing tools and capabilities to enable the Data Science and Clinical teams with data management and data annotation as well as architecting ML/AI solutions for productization. You will serve as a bridge between the Data Science, clinical, and engineering teams to lead efforts to transform ML POC functions to product-grade features. You will collaborate with data scientists, clinicians, and product managers to make informed decisions, manage risks, and build opportunities. You will demonstrate scaled ML Deployment and MLOps experience to address complex healthcare data problems. The ML Ops Engineer will directly work with the Director of Data ScienceResponsibilities:
- Work multi-functionally with data scientists, data engineers, clinicians, and product owners to understand, propose, implement, and deploy machine learning pipelines
- Improve existing machine learning scalability, usability, and performance across multiple products
- Familiarize with the state-of-the-art MLOps technologies and apply them to deliver business values
- Design, develop and refine infrastructure for Clinical ML platform, enabling data annotation, rapid ML/AI model development, training, and evaluation at scale
- Establish ML engineering processes and standard methodologies for data scientists using our ML platform
- Partner with data scientists and engineers, clinicians and business lead to deliver ML-based systems that can be deployed both in the cloud and on edge using containers
- Partner with our clinicians and third-party data annotation platforms to design and develop the best annotation tools and processes
- Communicate and share knowledge with other team members and actively participate in various learning-sharing opportunities
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s specialists in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve built a culture that empowers our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive pay in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
#LI - Remote