SonderMind is seeking to hire a Machine Learning Engineer (MLE). As an MLE you will be part of a team working to expand the capabilities of SonderMind's platform centered around client/provider matching. In this role, you will help drive client/provider matching while partnering with in-house matching experts to deliver a future-focused Machine Learning frame work. You will also explore different ways to optimize the customer experience, add value to our providers, and understands the needs of the business. You will work with multiple departments to define and build services that work at scale to support new initiatives and also enable Machine Learning development workflows. You will have a hand in every stage of development, from concept to release.
Our Ideal Candidate
As our ideal candidate, you will have broad experience and knowledge in machine/deep learning and vision. The ability to work independently with multiple departments and can think big-picture. You are flexible, yet confident, in taking action with imperfect and evolving information, always striving to improve and not settling for the status quo.
- By end of week two, develop an understanding of our matching process and begin to design a machine learning roadmap to achieve better outcomes.
- By end of week four, develop of machine learning algorithms and test base assumptions
- By end of month three, delivered in-depth advances to adaptive learning for matching of clients and a framework for future ML opportunities
- Strong coding skills in at least one modern language useful for data processing (e.g. Python, R, Java, Scala)
- Understanding of data structures, software design principles, and algorithms
- Interest in building machine learning models that assist clients, providers, and team members in finding the best match for customized needs.
- Deep understanding of traditional ML concepts as well as more recent deep learning fundamentals.
- MS or PhD in CS/CE/EE (or equivalent) with an emphasis on machine learning
- Solid understanding of both probability and statistics
- Strong Analytical skills
- Experience with Sklearn/Tensorflow/PyTorch
- 3+ year experience ML/ Data Science experience
Nice to Have
- Experience in engineering SaaS-based software development
- This role is a full-time, exempt position
- Salary range starting at $110,000. Actual title and compensation are commensurate with experience and skills.
- This role will be eligible to participate in the following:
- full employee benefits package
- employee stock option purchase plan
- variable performance-based bonus incentives
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please share how this role aligns with your professional experience and goals.
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health, we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Therapy coverage benefits enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.